It is not a rare occurrence when you are in a rush and finds yourself speeding up in the car inadvertently, parking in a wrong spot, or changing the lanes haphazardly. But these things may lead you to unpleasant consequences such as getting a traffic violation ticket.
Now, having to pay the fine in the court after standing for hours in a long queue is not a pleasant experience. That is why the New Jersey Municipal Court has come to the rescue of many such drivers who don’t have the time to stand in a queue.
The online portal called NJMCDirect is here to ease the process of fine payment as with this online portal, you would be spared all the trouble of an offline court visit. This is a smart, secure, and convenient way of paying your fines online. This article right here aims to walk you through the traffic ticket payment procedure through the NJMcdirect portal step by step while providing you with all the details you need to know.
More about the NJMCDirect Website
NJMCDirect is the online web portal of the NewJersey Municipal Court through which you will be able to pay all your traffic ticket charges for the New Jersey traffic violations. But here is something you need to know about the portal. You can pay the charges without any issue or complications through the online portal.
But in case the deadline for your fine payment has passed, you would no longer be able to pay the fees through the portal. You can check the traffic ticket to know more about the deadline of the same. However, the portal is of great help to the people as it makes the fine payment procedure much easier and quicker. Using this portal, you would not only be able to pay your fines but also view your ticket and much more.
Requirements for the NJMCDirect Online Payment
For you to be able to pay your NJMCDirect traffic ticket online directly to the New Jersey Meadowlands Commission, you must meet a few requirements first. We have listed all those requirements below for you to check. Make sure you have all of these things within your reach before you reach out for the ticket prefix code and start using the pay ticket service of the NJMCDirect portal.
- First of all, you would need a smartphone or a laptop, to begin with. A steady internet connection (Wi-fi or cellular data) is a must during the filling up of the payment form.
- The next most important thing you would need is the traffic ticket itself. Remember that the ticket would be used as proof while making the payment. You have to make sure that the ticket is valid and legal, and it would be further used by the officers if you break any traffic laws in the future. Also, your court ID, the ticket number, and the type of violation you have attempted would be mentioned on the ticket itself.
- You also need the license plate number which you will be able to find in your driver’s license. Your vehicle information can also be found there along with the license plate number.
- To be able to make the payment, you must have e credit card. But in case you do not have one, your debit card can also be used to make the payment online. But it is advised that you use your MasterCard Debit card or VISA card to make the online payments with ease.
How to Pay the Traffic Ticket Online through the Portal
If you have made all the needed documents available with you, you can go ahead with the online fine payment for the NJMCDircet traffic ticket. Just make sure to follow these simple steps as instructed:
- Open the browser you feel most comfortable with on your device.
- Go to the official NJMCDirect website NJMCDirect’s official website.
- Once you open the online site, you will be redirected to the homepage of NJMCDirect.
- Find your way to the option called “Traffic Ticket Search” or “Time Payment Order”.
- Now, you need to get started with the payment process if NJMCDirect.
- Get hold of your ticket number, Court ID, Prefix code of the ticket, and the license plate number.
- If you want to see your ticket first, then will have to click on the option saying “NJMCDirect Ticket”. Now, to make the payment, go to the “NJMCDirect Ticket Payment” option.
- Now, use the debit card or credit card you want to make the payment from.
What is NJMC Pay Surcharge
Before we move on to the next part of this article which focuses on how to pay the surcharge ticket fine, we would give you an overview of what is a surcharged ticket fine. Well, to make things easier, a surcharged ticket is a traffic ticket you get when you have a record of breaking the traffic laws more than often for instance, if you have over 6 points already on your driver’s license in the last three years, then you are eligible to get a surcharged traffic ticket.
In that case, you will have to pay $100 with an additional fine of $25 for the violations. Also, if your driver’s license is already expired, not renewed or you simply don’t have one, then you will be needed to pay an annual fine of $250. You will also receive a surcharged ticket if you are charged with drunk driving or driving an uninsured vehicle.
How to Pay the Surcharge Fees Online at NJMCDirect Portal
- First of all, you will have to go to NJMCdirect.com, the official website of the New Jersey Municipal Court.
- After selecting the right option, you will be needed to enter your correct date of birth.
- Once you are done with the abovementioned steps, find the submit button and click on the same.
In case you are facing issues or difficulties in the fine payment procedure, you can always contact the customer service of NJMC to get your queries cleared. The following number should be the one you are dialling, 844-424-6829. You should make sure to call customer service from 8 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday. A 2% or 3% processing fee is to be charged from you which can be easily paid with a credit card or debit card.
Alternate Method for Paying the Surcharge Fees
In case you are not comfortable with the online payment procedure, you can make the payment offline as well. Here is how to pay your surcharge bills offline.
- Western Union Money Transfer can be used to make the payment.
- You can also pay the surcharge fine with a cheque or money order.
Not Guilty NJMCDirect Plead
Not every time the traffic charges brought against someone are accurate. If you feel that there has been some mistake on the part of the authority, then you can challenge them with the plead that you are not guilty of the charges brought against you. To challenge them, you have to make an appeal to the court and inform them three days before the date mentioned on your traffic ticket. The municipal court should be contacted by you. However, in that case, you should be prepared for the consequences. If you have any piece of legal evidence to prove that you are innocent, that should be prepared beforehand. Once you are ready with all these things, you need to have:
- Discuss your plea agreement after meeting the state prosecutor.
- You required to go to the judge directly if you do not have a plea agreement.
- To defend your case, either a public defender from the court can be requested, or a ticket lawyer can be hired.
Now, depending on the case judgement, there will be consequences. For example, if you manage to win the case, you relieved from having to pay the auto insurance, all the penalties and fines will be withdrawn as well. Your driver’s license will also clear from the point of a traffic violation. But in case you lose the case, the traffic violation points will add to your license, you will have to pay all the fines, and your driver’s license might be subjected to suspension.
How to View Your Traffic Ticket Online
If you did not face difficulty paying your traffic tickets fine online, then you should not feel difficulty in viewing the same either. The process is pretty much the same, follow these easy steps to view your ticket online.
- Go to the homepage of NJMCdirectat www.njmcdirect.com.
- Find the button that says “Traffic ticket” and click on the same. A few boxes will appear on the screen shortly.
- Fill in the boxes with the required information such as your name or the court ID, ticket number, prefix, and license plate number.
- Head to the Submit button and click on it.
- Next, you have to click on the ‘View NJMCDirectTicket’ button to see the traffic ticket on the portal.
- You will also be provided with an option to download this ticket and print it for future references.
NJMCDirect Traffic Ticket Online
Now, also we tell you another method using which you will be able to see your traffic ticket online. In case you have tried the previous method and been unable to view your traffic offence, this method should be of your help.
- Click on the link given below to go to the municipal court portal.
Keep either of your driver’s license number, ticket number, or court id ready.
Go to the search option and enter either of the above-mentioned info in the search box.
After pressing the enter, you will be redirected to the traffic charges brought against you.
Lost your NJMC Direct Traffic Ticket?
If you have lost or misplaced your traffic ticket, there is no need to sweat it. It can happen to anyone. The traffic ticket can be brought back using a few easy steps. All you have to do is look into the online portal of NJMCDirect, and you will be able to revive the ticket in no time.
- Using the same link as before, you will be able to go to the New Jersey Municipal Court Case Portal. All you have to do is enter the traffic ticket number or the complaint number.
- Once you have opened the online portal, find the search bar on the home page and click on the same.
- Click on the ‘I Agree’ button to continue with the procedure.
- If you have the ticket number with you, go to the ‘Search By’ option and click on the ‘Ticket Number’.
- Fill in the box with your name or court id, the ticket number, and the prefix.
- Enter the captcha correctly and click on the search button.
If you are still not able to recover your traffic ticket after doing as instructed, it is perfectly fine. You can talk to the New Jersey Municipal Court and give them your driver’s license plate number. As they keep a record of all the traffic tickets, they will be able to help you out with the ticket number in no time.
NJMCDirect Working Hours & Timings
NJMCdirect does not provide its customer services all day long. Also, if you have to make the payments, you have to be present in the court at the time specified by the court. We are mentioning below the time NJ municipal court provides its services.
- Monday to Thursday, from 04:30 AM to 11:15 PM
- Friday, from 04:30 AM to 10:15 PM
- Saturday, from 04:30 AM to 03:15 PM
- Sunday, from01:00 PM to 11:15 PM
NJMCDirect customer service number
There are many other ways you can contact the customer service of NJMCDirect in case you are facing issues in the fine payment process and need help regarding the same. Check out the following information:
- You can contact NJMCDirect customer services by phone. Dial the following number to talk to them, 973 284 4945.
- Alternatively, you can send the court customer services fax to 973 284 4914.
- If your queries need to be answered face to face, you can pay a visit to the NJMCDirect office at the address, NJMC Public Safety Building,2nd Floor, 228 Chestnut Street, from Monday to Friday between 8 am and 4 pm.
This article is a step-by-step guide for you to understand how to make your traffic ticket and surcharged ticket fine payments online through the NJMCDirect portal. Other necessary details have also been discussed in this article to make your payment procedure a bit less painful than it already is. We hope this article helped you save some of your precious time by making the fees payment procedure easier to understand.
People Alos Ask On NJMCDirect
You can pay your njmcdirect surcharged tickets using the same online portal of njmcdirect.
Yes, you can pay your njmcdirect parking tickets online as well.
New Jersey has a maximum of $46 penalty for not wearing a seatbelt while driving.
A speeding ticket can bring you 2 to 5 points in New jersey depending on your car speed.
If you have a record of repeated traffic rules violations, then you get a surcharged ticket.
The surcharge on your NJ ticket depends on the type of traffic violation you have attempted.
The major pro is that you will not have to stand in the fine payment queue for hours.