Bollywood director Rahul Rawail say, a 17 member jury part on considering all things Court has picked Amol Palekar as director for Indian official entry of the Oscars on September 23 surrendered from the board over contrasts with jury. Not long after Court, a Marathi court dramatization coordinated by Chaitanya Tamhane who is making his debut was reported as India’s official entry in the Best Foreign Language Film category for the Oscars next year, Mr Rawail tweeted that he had dropped the jury.
Regarding the film which even won the National Film Award in the Best Feature Film category for 2014 he said, ‘I have been listening that people feel that I was not content with Court being chosen. It is false’.
Mr Rawail further said, I am proud that we had an incredible jury and some radiant people who have an extraordinary knowledge of silver screen and affection for it. There was no issue in that, however there was one manipulative man, Amol Palekar, who is the administrator of jury and is a total manipulative person.
On the other hand, Mr Rawail, who has directed movies like Jo Bole So Nihaal and Aur Pyar Ho Gaya expressed that he is not rebuking the Aks actor for using personal connection for Court. Mr Rawail said, it is not that he influenced for Court but people are stating that Amol more likely to exploit for Court in light of the fact that Court is a Marathi film which isn’t right and included that Amol’s general conduction of procedures was frequently manipulative.
The Film Federation of India (FFI), which chooses the nation’s official entry in the Best Foreign Film category of the prestigious Academy Awards, to be held in Los Angeles on February 28 next year, earlier this year delegated Amol as the director.