AP e-Challan: The state of Andhra Pradesh has come up with the idea of electronic or e-Challan. The person who violates any of the traffic rules has to pay e-Challan. The traffic police officer will issue the e-Challan. The Andhra Pradesh government has launched an online portal apechallan.org for the online payment of e-Challan. The locals of Andhra Pradesh can visit the AP e-Challan official website and pay their Challan quickly.
According to the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988, every individual who fails to follow the traffic rules mentioned in the act will be liable to pay some amount of money as fine. It does not matter whether the violation of the traffic was done mistakenly or deliberately. Each time a person violates a traffic rule, he/she is liable to pay the e-Challan through the AP e-Challan online payment portal.
The amount of fine depends upon the traffic rule which has violated. The Motor Vehicles Act of 1988 also describes the traffic rules the violation of which will lead to punishment and payment of the fine. The amount of e-Challan is also pre-determined. These traffic rules violations include:
- Parking vehicle in the areas where parking is prohibited.
- You are exceeding the assigned speed limit for a particular area.
- You are driving two-wheeler without a helmet.
- A vehicle without authentic vehicle documents.
- Not having driving license while driving
- Driving on the wrong side of the road.
AP e-Challan Online Payment
The Andhra Pradesh state government has provided the locals with the facility to pay online e-Challan. The process to pay e-Challan online includes few easy and simple steps. The steps to pay AP Traffic Police e-Challan online mentioned below:
- The first step is to visit the official website of AP e-Challan which is apechallan.org
- Once the homepage opens, the person will have to click on the link of online payment.
- Then the person is required to enter the registration number of their vehicle.
- For verification purpose, the applicant will also have to fill the ‘captcha’ in the provided field.
- Then the applicant will have to click on the submit button provided at the bottom of the webpage.
- A list will appear on the screen afterwards. The record shows all the AP e-Challan payments and due e-Challan which issued on the name of the applicant.
- The e-Challan also provides the facility to check whether any e-Challan issued on the name of the applicant.
AP e-Challan App Download
The Andhra Pradesh state government has also launched an official app to make the payment of e-Challan feasible for the Andhra Pradesh locals. The AP e-Challan app is available for Android as well as iPhone users. The Android users can download the AP e-Challan app from Google Play Store while the iPhone users can download the AP e-Challan app from App Store.
The AP e-Challan app provides complete details regarding the online payment of e-Challan. It has the entire history of paid as well as unpaid e-Challan. The applicant can easily access the features regarding the payment of their e-Challan and hence will not be liable to pay further fines if they pay the issued AP Traffic Police e-Challan within the given time frame.
Andhra Pradesh e-Challan Status
The e-Challan issued on a person’s name has to pay within the given frame of time. Failing to pay the e-Challan on time can lead to severe consequences. So, the people of Andhra Pradesh required to keep a check on the status of their e-Challan. The applicant can check the status of their e-Challan on every fifteenth day on the official website. The applicant can follow specific easy and simple steps to check the status of their e-Challan. The steps to check the AP e-Challan Status mentioned below:
- First of all, the applicant needs to visit the official website of the AP e-Challan portal.
- Then the applicant needs to enter the registration number of the vehicle and fill the field provided for the captcha.
- Then the applicant is required to click on the submit option present at the bottom of the webpage.
- If there are no pending or newly issued Challans on the name of the applicant, then it will be displayed at the bottom of the webpage that no Challan is pending.
- In a pending Challan or a new e-Challan has been issued, it displays at the bottom of the webpage.
- The applicant should check the e-Challan status always after fifteen days because non-payment of the e-Challan can lead to severe consequences.
Advantages of AP e-Challan
The AP e-Challan is a time-saving method of payment of Challan online. With the advancement of technology, the payment of Challan made online, which makes it easier for the payer. The AP traffic e-challan initiative of the Andhra Pradesh state government makes it easier for the traffic police authorities to keep a check on the status of e-Challan repayment. It is also beneficial for the locals of Andhra Pradesh as it notifies them whether they have any outstanding amount for e-Challan. The AP e-Challan app ensures the e-Challan paid within the assigned time duration. It also results in decreasing the amount of traffic rules violations.
With a total population of five crores of people living in the state of Andhra Pradesh, almost half of the population has vehicles. With only one traffic police assigned for a traffic signal, it is impossible to keep a record who violate traffic rules, and issuance of Challan, Therefore, every time a vehicle violating any of the traffic mentioned above rules a record is registered. For the record-keeping purpose, the traffic police personnel records the registration details of the particular vehicle. Also, the e-Challan issued on the name of the owner of the vehicle.
The AP e-Challan is an easy and comfortable way with which the traffic police department of the state of Andhra Pradesh can keep a record of the due and paid e-Challan. It is also a feasible way for the applicant as well, to keep a record of their due or pending e Challan. Through the AP Traffic e-Challan, the applicant notified about the issuance of e-Challan and the time duration within which it is supposed to pay. For more information, check Timesalert.