The Standard Law Admission Test (CLAT) 2023 is a rationally organized all-India level entrance exam organized by 19 National Law Universities (NLUs). Through this CLAT entrance exam, candidates can get the opportunity to join their undergrad and postgrad degree courses in law. In NULs, there are 1308 seats for undergraduate candidates and 621 seats for postgraduate candidates.
For students in this particular category, 235 seats are reserved. After qualifying for this entrance exam in 2023, candidates can get admission into various law universities all over India. Here we have given all the details about the CLAT 2023 entrance exam. Check out the article to learn more about the CLAT Exam.
National Law Universities (NLUs) have announced the CLAT 2023 entrance exam dates. It offers integrated undergraduate and postgraduate courses. Those integrated UG courses like B.A., LLB (Hons), or B.B.A., LLB (Hons), and PG courses like LLM Every year, one of the NLU universities administers the CLAT 2023 exams.
Through the CLAT exam 2023, candidates are also considered for admission to law school by many other governments and private law schools. Interested candidates can only apply for the CLAT 2023 exam through official websites.
CLAT 2023 Important Dates
NLU has released the CLAT exam dates for 2023. If you want to take a law course, you should find out when the exams are and send in your application before the deadline.
|Releasing date of the application form|
|Closing date of application form|
|Last date for fee payment|
|Admit card released date|
|Release date of Answer key|
|Result Declaration date|
|Starting date for Counselling|
Eligibility Criteria: CLAT 2023 has divided its eligibility criteria for undergraduate and postgraduate candidates. Before you apply for the CLAT exam in 2023, make sure you meet the requirements. If you do, you can apply through the official website.
For Under-Graduate Candidates:
- There are no age limitations for CLAT 2023.
- Candidates must have complete +2 by scoring a minimum of 45%.
- SC/ST candidates should score at least 40% marks in Intermediate.
- Those candidates who are appearing +2 exam in March/April 2023 are also eligible for CLAT.
For Postgraduate Candidates:
- CLAT 2023 has no age limitation for Postgraduate candidates.
- Candidates must have completed their graduation (LL.B/ 5 years Integrated LL.B/ any other equivalent exam) with aggregate 55% marks.
- SC/ST candidates should have completed their graduation with a minimum of 50% marks.
- Candidates appearing for graduation in the current year are also eligible for the CLAT exam 2023.
CLAT 2023 Application Form
It has released a notification about the application form. Students who want to apply can fill out the application form starting in the first week of January. The CLAT 2023 Application Form 2023 will be available only in online mode. Candidates have to check their eligibility criteria before submitting the application form. The CLAT application form needs valid details about the applicants.
Candidates have to complete the registration process. At the time of registration, a valid email address of the candidate must be provided.
- After registration, it generates a one-time login id/ registration number and password.
- Log in with the registration number and password, fill up all the details and upload the scanned copy of all required documents, the candidate’s signature, and a passport-size photocopy.
- Pay the application fee.
- After successful payment, submit the CLAT Exam 2023 application form and take a printout for future use.
Application Fee: The CLAT 2023 application fee is equal for both graduation and post-graduation candidates. Applicants can pay the application fee only online.
|For General/OBC/PWD/SAP||Rs. 4000/-|
|For SC/ST||Rs. 3500/-|
CLAT 2023 Exam Pattern: This year’s CLAT 2023 exam will be offline. Applicants must check the exam pattern before attending the exam. In CLAT, each correct answer will carry one mark, and 0.25 marks will be deducted for every negative answer.
|Mode Of Examination||Offline|
|Type Of Questions||Objective|
|Time Duration||2 Hours|
|No. of questions||200 – UG Candidates
and 150 – PG candidates
CLAT 2023 Syllabus: The syllabus is different for undergraduate and postgraduate candidates. Prepare yourself according to the syllabus before attending the exam.
|Under Graduate||English, general knowledge, mathematics, current affairs, and aptitude|
|Post Graduate||Constitutional Law and Jurisprudence|
CLAT Result 2023
The minimum marks scored by the candidates will be considered the cutoff mark. The cutoff mark will be released after the exam. Selected candidate lists will be published on the official website. To participate in the CLAT 2023 counseling process, candidates have to submit a counseling fee of Rs. 50,000. Candidates can check their cutoff mark, merit list, and all the details about the counseling process from the official site by clicking on “CLAT Result.”
The above content is regarding the notification and application form for CLAT 2023. For other details, visit Timesalert and get updated.