Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts the NDA (National Democratic Alliance) entrance exam twice in a year. The aspirant who wants to make their career in Indian Army, Navy and Air Force can apply for the NDA entrance exam. Every year in the month of April and November, the national level test NDA-I and NDA-II are held for interested candidates. For selection, candidates have to qualify the written test and then interview round. After selecting in these two rounds candidates will go through the medical test round and document verification.
NDA entrance exam is a national level test exam, which is held to fill up the recruitment of candidates in different posts in Indian Army, Navy and Air Force. Through the official website of UPSC, Aspirant can apply for NDA entrance test. It first prefers the medically fit candidates, as per their written exam and interview marks basis. UPSC has published all the details about NDA 2023 entrance exam. Check the below article for more information.
Exam Dates: The notification for different posts has announced in its official web portal. A candidate who is interested in making their career in Indian Army Force can apply for NDA exam. NDA-I and NDA-II will hold on different dates.
|NDA Exam 2021||NDA – I||NDA – II|
|Notification||January 1st week, 2021||August 1st week, 2021|
|Start Date Of Application Form||January 2nd week, 2021||August 1st week, 2021|
|Last Date Of Application Form||February 1st week, 2021||September 1st week, 2021|
|NDA Admit Card||April 1st-2nd week, 2021||November 1st-2nd week, 2021|
|Written Test||April 3rd week, 2021||November 3rd week, 2021|
|NDA Result||May||November – December 2021|
Eligibility Criteria: To apply, the candidate has to physically fit and full fill all the eligibility conditions. The age limitation is different for NDA-I and NDA-II candidates. Married candidates are not eligible to apply NDA Application form 2023 until completing their training period.
- For NDA-I male candidates are not born before July 2nd, 2001 and not after than July 1st, 2003.
- For NDA-II male candidates are not born before January 2nd, 2002 and not after than January 1st, 2005.
- Candidate must be the citizen of India, and the subject of Nepal and Bhutan.
- The Tibetan refugee is eligible to apply NDA form, but the condition is, they have to come over India before January 1st, 1962.
- Females are not eligible.
- Candidate’s age limitation must be in between 16.5 to 19.5 years.
- A candidate who will apply for Air Force and Navy must have completed their 10th and +2 exams with the Physics and Mathematics subjects from a recognized board/ university.
- The Army candidates should complete their 10th and +2 exams from a recognized board/ university.
- Also, the final year student is eligible to apply.
- Candidates who are withdrawing /resigning from any Air Force training academies are not eligible.
NDA 2023 Application Form
UPSC has released the notification for NDA-I and NDA-II on 1st week of January and August 2021. After the notification is released, the NDA application form will be available for candidates in the official website of UPSC. The application form will be submitted in 2 parts. Read the detailed information about NDA 2023 application form below.
- A candidate has to submit their basic and other important details in the first part of the application process.
- In the second part, a candidate has to choose their exam center, upload their scanned photocopy and signature, other Govt. documents and pay the application fee.
- Before clicking on the final submit, check all the given details because, after final submission, you can’t correct the form.
- After final submission, take the printout of the application form.
NDA 2023 Application Fee
Before the final submission of NDA application form, the candidate has to pay the application fee through net banking/ debit/ credit card or through SBI Bank Challan method. SC/ST/NCOs/Ors/JCOs candidates don’t have to pay the application fee but for general category candidates, the application fee is Rs. 100.
Exam Pattern: This exam will be held in 2 sessions. In the first session, questions come from Mathematics and in the second session, there is a general ability test. NDA-I and NDA-II both exams will be held in offline mode. For each wrong answer, 33% of marks will be deducted.
|Mode Of Examination||Offline|
|Type Of Questions||Objective Type|
|Language||English And Hindi|
|Time Duration||5 Hours (2hr30min for each part)|
|No Of Questions||900 (300- math and 600- general ability)|
Exam Syllabus: NDA syllabus contains only three subjects such as Mathematics, English and General Knowledge in various topics. Candidates can check the syllabus and prepare themselves for the entrance exam. Here we have given some topics, for more details about syllabus check the official site of UPSC.
|Mathematics||Matrices and Determinants, Algebra, Analytical, The geometry of two and three Dimensions, Trigonometry, Integral calculus, and Differential Equations, Differential Calculus, Statistics, and Probability, Vector Algebra, etc.|
|English||Grammar and Usage, Vocabulary, Comprehension, and Cohesion, etc.|
|General Knowledge||Physics, Chemistry, General Science, Social Studies, Geography, and Current Events, etc.|
NDA 2023 Selection process
NDA selection process has a very long process. In 1st round candidates have to qualify the written test. After this, the selected candidates will be invited for SSB interview. This interview will be conducted for 4 – 5 days. When a candidate is selected in this round they can go through the medical test and then document verification round.
Here are the best steps on how to apply, the selection process, syllabus and the exam pattern of NDA 2023 is given. So all the aspirants who are willing to choose their career in Navy can check the notifications regularly on its official website or check them on Timesalert and get the complete details. Hope the above information will surely help you in knowing the notification and recruitment process of NDA easily.