The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts the NDA (National Democratic Alliance) entrance exam twice a year. An aspirant who wants to make their career in the Indian Army, Navy, or Air Force can apply for the NDA entrance exam. Every year in April and November, the national-level tests NDA-I and NDA-II are held for interested candidates. For selection, candidates must qualify for the written test and the interview round. After selecting these two rounds, candidates undergo the medical test round and document verification.
The NDA entrance exam is a national-level test held to fill up the recruitment of candidates for different posts in the Indian Army, Navy, and Air Force. Through the official website of UPSC, aspirants can apply for the NDA entrance test. It first prefers medically fit candidates based on their written exam and interview marks. UPSC has published all the details about the NDA 2023 entrance exam. Check the following article for more information.
Exam Dates: The notification for different posts has been announced in its official web portal. A candidate interested in making their career in the Indian Army Force can apply for the NDA exam. NDA-I and NDA-II will be held on different dates.
|NDA Exam 2023||NDA – I||NDA – II|
|Notification||January 1st week, 2023||August 1st week, 2023|
|Start Date Of Application Form||January 2nd week, 2023||August 1st week, 2023|
|Last Date Of Application Form||February 1st week, 2023||September 1st week, 2023|
|NDA Admit Card||April 1st-2nd week, 2023||November 1st-2nd week, 2023|
|Written Test||April 3rd week, 2023||November 3rd week, 2023|
|NDA Result||May||November – December 2023|
Eligibility Criteria: To apply, the candidate has to fit and full fill all the eligibility conditions physically. The age limitation is different for NDA-I and NDA-II candidates. Married candidates cannot apply for the NDA Application form 2023 until their training is completed.
- For NDA-I male candidates are not born before July 2nd, 2001, and not after July 1st, 2003.
- For NDA-II male candidates are not born before January 2nd, 2002, and not after January 1st, 2005.
- Candidate must be a citizen of India and a subject of Nepal and Bhutan.
- The Tibetan refugee is eligible to apply for the NDA form, but the condition is that they have to come over to India before January 1st, 1962.
- Females are not eligible.
- The candidate’s age limitation must be between 16.5 to 19.5 years.
- A candidate applying for Air Force and Navy must have completed their 10th and +2 exams with the Physics and Mathematics subjects from a recognized board/ university.
- The Army candidates should complete their 10th and +2 exams from a recognized board/ university.
- Also, the final-year student is eligible to apply.
- Candidates withdrawing /resigning from any Air Force training academies are not eligible.
NDA 2023 Application Form
UPSC has released the notification for NDA-I and NDA-II on the 1st week of January and August. After the notification is released, the NDA application form will be available for candidates on the official website of UPSC. The application form will be submitted in 2 parts. Read the detailed information about the NDA 2023 application form below.
- A candidate has to submit their fundamental and other essential details in the first part of the application process.
- In the second part, a candidate has to choose their exam center, upload their scanned photocopy and signature, other Govt. documents, and pay the application fee.
- Before clicking on the final submission, check all the given details because, after the final submission, you can’t correct the form.
- After the final submission, take the printout of the application form.
NDA 2023 Application Fee
Before submitting the NDA application form, the candidate must pay the application fee through net banking/ debit/ credit card or the SBI Bank Challan method. SC/ST/NCOs/Ors/JCOs candidates don’t have to pay the application fee, but for general category candidates, the application fee is Rs. 100.
Exam Pattern: This exam will be held in 2 sessions. In the first session, questions come from Mathematics, and in the second session, there is a general ability test. NDA-I and NDA-II both exams will be held in offline mode. For each wrong answer, 33% of marks will be deducted.
|Mode Of Examination||Offline|
|Type Of Questions||Objective Type|
|Language||English And Hindi|
|Time Duration||5 Hours (2hr30min for each part)|
|No Of Questions||900 (300- math and 600- general ability)|
Exam Syllabus: NDA syllabus contains only three subjects Mathematics, English, and General Knowledge in various topics. Candidates can check the syllabus and prepare themselves for the entrance exam. Here we have given some topics; for more details about the syllabus, check the official site of UPSC.
|Mathematics||Matrices and Determinants, Algebra, Analytical, The geometry of two and three Dimensions, Trigonometry, Integral calculus and Differential Equations, Differential Calculus, Statistics, and Probability, Vector Algebra, etc.|
|English||Grammar and Usage, Vocabulary, Comprehension, Cohesion, etc.|
|General Knowledge||Physics, Chemistry, General Science, Social Studies, Geography, Current Events, etc.|
NDA 2023 Selection process
The NDA selection process has a very long process. In 1st round, candidates have to qualify for the written test. After this, the selected candidates will be invited for an SSB interview. This interview will be conducted for 4 – 5 days. When a candidate is selected in this round, they can go through the medical test and then the document verification round.
Here are the best steps to apply, the selection process, the syllabus, and the exam pattern of NDA 2023 given. So all aspirants willing to choose their career in the Navy can check the notifications regularly on its official website or check them on Timesalert and get the complete details. I hope the above information will surely help you to know the notification and recruitment process of NDA quickly.