Company Secretary CS post is a superior post in a private sector or in a public organization. A company secretary has appointed to handle all the legal aspects of a firm. A company secretary is having all the responsibility for a company like, company’s tax returns, having all records, can give advice to the board of directors, etc. In India, only one institute is there to develop and manage the profession of company secretaries which is The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI). The company secretary (CS) course is classified into three categories, such as CS Foundation, CS Executive, and CS Professional Programme.
Company Secretary Eligibility
Different category, of course, has different eligibility criteria.
- For the foundation program, the applicant should be completed 10th and +2 exam.
- For the executive program, the student should have a graduation and post graduation with any specialization. An applicant’s age must be 18 or above.
- For the professional program, the applicant has to clear the Executive Program of the CS course. The applicant can attend the exam twice a year in June and December.
Company Secretary CS Course Fee & Duration
Course duration is different according to the category of the course.
- Course Duration For CS Foundation program is 8 months.
- For executive Program duration, of course, is 9 months.
- For professional Program, duration, of course, is 10 months.
Applicant should clear this exam within 3 years from the admission date of the course.
CS Course Fee
Here is the structure of the course fee. In this course fee, all the fees like tuition fee, admission fee, registration fee, examination form fee, etc. all are declared.
|Foundation Program||Executive Program||Professional Program|
Document Required To Apply For CS Program
To apply for the course, the applicant has to keep all the given documents:
- Applicant’s photocopy.
- Candidate signature.
- 10th certificate ( for date of birth).
- +2 certificate ( roll number).
- +2 mark sheet.
- Caste certification.
- Identity proof (Aadhaar card/ voter id/ pan card/ driving license etc.)
- Handicapped certificate ( if the applicant is handicapped).
How To Apply For Company Secretary CS Course
The company secretary course is only applied in online mode. Follow the given instructions to register the application form
- Open the browser and visit the official site of The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI).
- Now the applicant goes to the home page of the site. Click on online services, then tab on the register for CS course.
- Now the student registration information page will be seen on the screen. Read this carefully and mark it on the blank boxes.
- Tab on proceeding with the registration process.
- The registration form is categorized into 6 parts such as basic details, education details, and source of information, document details, preview, and payment.
- The applicant has to fill up all the categories shown on the screen.
- After filling up one category click on Next, for the next page.
- When the basic details page is submitted, it gives you a unique ID, notes it down. It will be used, when the payment is not done.
- After the source of information page is submitted, the applicant needs to upload all the required documents including the scanned passport size photograph and signature.
- When the uploaded process is completed, recheck the details of the registration form. If all are correct, then proceed to the payment page.
- For payment, select the mode of payment, fill all the details. When payment is done, a transaction Id is generated. Note this ID.
Now the registration process for CS course is completed.
Company Secretary Help Line Number
In this article, we have discussed the company secretary CS course, its course fee, eligibility criteria, the document required for the application form, how to apply the form and etc. If you want to know more about this CS course then visit the official site, The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI. For any help, you can use the helpline number given below.
- Company Secretary Help Line Number: 01204522000
For some additional information and updates check Timesalert.