DJB abbreviated as Delhi Jal Board. Delhi, the national capital territory of India caters water to its people by government agency DJB. This agency is responsible for providing potable water to the people of Delhi. The Delhi Jal Board bill payment was introduced by the Delhi legislative assembly. It was launched on 6th April 1998.
Delhi Jal Board
DJB ensures to cater water to the population of Delhi which is more than 150 lakh. The board has laid a water line network of about 9000km. This ensures that Delhi people get an average of 50 gallons of filtered water per capita per day. The Indian government is constantly working to digitalize every work for the ease of citizens. Delhi Jal Board has now come a long way and it supplies water to almost every part of Delhi.
The DJB incorporates Delhi water supply and sewage disposal. The board is also in charge of the treatment and disposal of wastewater. DJB also provides various services for the resident of Delhi. Delhi people can now pay bills online through the DJB official website. Delhi citizen can also check their bill status and complaint online.
DJB bill payment
Delhi Jal Board has helped Delhi citizens in fulfilling their water needs. DJB ensures that every resident of Delhi gets enough water for their use. The agency has introduced an online system to help citizens in bill payments. As DJB fulfills the need for water, citizens have to pay a water bill every month. This money is used for maintenance purposes and to pay employees of DJB. It also focuses on various water-saving methods like septic tanks, rainwater harvesting, and water reuse.
Delhi Jal Board bill payment process
Delhi Jal board generates a water bill every month. The citizen who has a water connection has to pay the bill. Citizens can now pay bills online through the official website of DJB.
If case citizen gets late to pay the bill, DJB charges late fees. Also, if it’s not paid for a long time, DJB can cut-off the water connection. There are various methods available now to pay bills online. Citizens can also use Paytm to pay their bills online. To pay a bill online follow the below steps:
- Visit the official website of DJB
- Select “pay online” from the options present on the left side of the screen
- You will see a page describing the service provider option.
- Available options are HDFC bank, National Payment Services Platform Deity, Paytm, and Union Bank of India. Choose the payment option from which you want to pay.
- After selecting the payment gateway, you have to enter the KNO number.
- Now click on the “submit” button
- Your DJB bill amount will be displayed on the screen
- Select the “pay” button to pay the DJB bill amount.
Delhi Jal Board Registration
By registering in DJB, consumers will get mobile alerts, can submit and track grievances. The consumer can also receive receipts or bills on the registered email id. To register in the Delhi Jal board follow the below-given steps:
- Visit the official website of the Delhi Jal board www.djb.gov.in
- Click on the “Register now” button
- Now you will see a page displaying consumer registration. Enter all the details like KNO number, mobile number, and email id.
- After entering consumer details correctly, click on the “submit” button. Your registration process will be completed.
DJB view bill and print duplicate bill
You can now view or print bills online via the official website of the Delhi Jal board.
- Visit the official website of the Delhi Jal board at djb.gov.in
- The homepage will appear on the screen. From the options available on the left side of the screen, select “view or print latest bill”.
- Enter 10 digit KNO number in the required space.
- Next, enter the captcha code given correctly.
- Now, click on “view bill”
- Your bill will be displayed on the screen. You can also print the bill. This bill will be the duplicate of your DJB bill
How to view balance and last receipt
It is easy to view balance and your last receipt. Follow the below steps for the same
- Go to the official website of DJB djb.gov.in
- A new page will appear, Enter Your KNO number
- Next, enter the Captcha code properly
- Now, Click on the “View Receipt” button
- Your balance and the last water bill paid will be displayed on the screen.
Benefits of Revenue Management System DJB website
- The DJB official website provides you an online payment option to pay your water bill.
- The consumer can view and print a duplicate bill from the website
- The consumer can pay bills without even registering on the DJB website.
- A consumer can launch a complaint online
- A consumer can apply for meter replacement intimation online. And also can apply for a new connection. For more information and updates check Timesalert.
Services provided by DJB
- Delhi Jal board treats and manages the waste in the Delhi
- DJB has an online portal to help consumers with bill payment, check bill status, etc.
- It has also introduced a mobile app for bill payment
- DJB also focuses on water-saving practices like rainwater harvesting, septic tank, reusing water.
Delhi Jal Board (DJB) has introduced an online website for consumers. DJB website helps consumers to pay their water bills online. A consumer can also view bills and print duplicate bills via the official website of DJB. DJB is a government agency that aims to provide potable water to most of the region of Delhi.