- 1 Africa Industrialization Day 2016
Africa Industrialization Day 2016
Every year Africans celebrate November 20 as Africa Industrialization Day. These celebrations are carried out by all the organizations and government bodies of Africa. Most of the African countries prompt all the industrialization process on that day. We can also say that it would be the place to raise any problem and challenges of Industrialization in Africa. By doing this event, all the details of African Industrialization is known all over the World.
Africa Industrialization Day Themes
The United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) engages a vital role in interrelating the event Africa Industrialization Day. Most of the people in African countries discuss the structure, plans, layout and much more about the Industrialization process. They also conduct Group Discussions and Debates. Apart from all these, they also put forward the progress that was made in the last year. All the local and national leaders had involved in Africa Industrialization Day event.
Africa Industrialization Day 2016 Images
UNIDO which is one of the great organization delivers some statements about the Industrialization process in Africa. These organization headquarters is located in Vienna, Austria. The statements made by UNIDO are confirmed by the African Union and Economic Commission of Africa and UN. By doing all these activities, there is a chance of increasing the importance of Indust6rialization in Africa. This is so because Africa is one of the least developed countries in Industrialization.
Africa Industrialization Day 2016 A Global Observance
Africa Industrialization Day is observed to be a Global Observance. Which means a celebration carried out in a particular procedure and ceremony. It is not considered as a public holiday. 25th Session for OAU ( Organization Of African Unity) was conducted in July 1989 in Addis, Ethiopia. During that session, November 20th is announced to be Africa Industrialization Day. It was also accepted by UN general assembly but on Dec 22. 1989. Finally, Africa Industrialization Day was first observed on November 20th, 1990.
Africa Industrialization Day 2016 Theme
Every year they introduce a new theme on this occasion. Here are some earlier themes listed year wise.
- “New information and communication technologies” – (2002)
- “Acceleration of Africa’s integration into the global economy through effective industrialization and market access” – (2003)
- “Strengthening productive capacity for poverty reduction within the framework of NEPAD” – (2004)
- “Generating African competitiveness for sustainable market access” – (2005)
- “Reducing poverty through sustainable industrial development” – (2006)
- “Technology and innovation for industry: investing in people is investing in the future” – (2007)
- “Business through technology” – (2008)
- “Industrialization for integration” – (2009)
- “Accelerating industrialization for boosting trade in Africa.” – (2012)
- “Job creation and Entrepreneurship Development: A means to accelerate Industrialization In Africa” – (2013)
- “Inclusive and Sustainable Industrial Development: Agro-Industry for Food Security in Africa’’ – (2014)
- “SMEs for poverty eradication and job creation for women and youth” – (2015)
Africa Industrialization Day Symbols
Coming to the symbols of Africa Industrialization Day, they represent a geographical continent with a Madagascar Island in it. In addition to this, they also display flags of some selected national flags in Africa. This year that is in 2016, we see Africa Industrialization Day on Sunday. In Today’s world, Technology had become the most important factor of our daily life. We had a drastic change in technology, Industrialization and more. But few of the countries are still lagging behind. To encourage those countries, few events are held to motivate, create awareness by conducting various programs. So Africa had introduced Nov 20th as Africa Industrialization Day.
Africa Industrialization Day Celebrations
Africa Industrialization Day is celebrated every year under all the national and International leaders of Africa. Last year that is in 2015, Africa Industrialization Day was celebrated at Vienna International Centre (VIC) from 3:00 to 5:30 Pm in Conference Room 4, 7th Floor. After then, it was followed by a small cocktail party at VIC restaurant. Coming to the theme of Africa Industrialization Day 2015, it is all about the eradication of poverty in all African Countries and Jobs for Women.