Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship is a national scholarship only for girls belonging to the minority class in society. It is a national scholarship available all over the country. All the eligible minority girl students can apply for the scholarship for their studies. It is implemented to provide financial support to the students, which helps them to complete their education.
Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship has a direct money transfer process that increases the scheme’s transparency. It is only for the minor category of girl children. The main objective is to support the students from the burden of money required to complete education. Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship also wants to change the mindset of minority parents towards their girl child and help them to improve their standard of living.
Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship
It is one of the national scholarships for which only minor citizens are eligible to apply. It is available in all states of India, according to the minority population. The Begum Hazrat Mahal national scholarship is elementary to apply for using the official portal. It is previously known as the Maulana Azad National scholarship, where the transfer amount is responsible for MAEF. The Ministry of Minority Affairs, India, raises funds for this purpose.
According to the Indian National Commission for Minorities Act, the candidates belonging to Muslims, Christians, Janis, and Buddhists come under minority communities. The distribution will base on these populations in the states. The foundation is a non-profit social service organization established to promote education to the minority section of society. The scholarship provided for admission, tuition fee, and allowances of students. Education can bring everyone together, make equality, and bring development in the country.
The foundation started the Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship in the 2003-04 academic years to help poor minority candidates. Student applications to this scholarship are increasing yearly, and to date, it has supported about 6 lakh students. Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship has given Rs. 504.16 crores to students in the form of scholarships for their education. The application, eligibility, and all details of this National Scholarship are available here.
Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship
|Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship
|minority category Girls
|Central scholarship scheme
Objectives and conditions of Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship
The main reasons for the initiative of this scheme are below. We also mentioned the rules and regulations of the scholarship, which may change in the period.
- To provide education to the minority category girls.
- To improve the status of living of low-income families
- It helps the girl to stand on her terms and not depend on others
- To change the people thinking toward girl education
- It helps to complete the minimum education qualification for the minority candidates
- It directly transfers the amount to the bank accounts of applicants.
- Candidates with low income will get first preference in the selection process.
- The scholarship is not available for the abroad study of students.
- Students who discounted the studies for any reason will not attain the scholarship
Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship Amount
The scholarship allowed the girls to complete their secondary education quickly. The amount of scholarship for different standards is given below
|Class 9th and 10th
|Class 11th and 12th
The scholarship amount is for the students for their school and college fees, stationery, and payment of exam fees.
Selections of Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship
The selection of students is based on the percentage of marks obtained in their previous standard class or qualifying exam and the family’s annual income. The state wiser and community-wise quota is decided based on the minority population in that particular state. If the state does not receive enough applications for the community quota, it will transfer to the other state where more applications are from the same community. Also, read about West Bengal Scholarship.
Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship Last Date
The scholarship application is only available at the start of the academic year in July and will close by mid-October. Sometimes the last date may extend, but applying before the last date is better. So, if you have any changes in the application, you can make them in an extended period.
|15th July of every year
|Last Date of Application
|30th September (May extend up to mid-October)
The application is available only in the online process, which is very easy to complete in just a few seconds.
Eligibility For Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship
The candidates who apply for this national scholarship should reach this criterion to apply. The list mentioned below
- Girl students from notified minority communities, Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, Janis, and Parsis, are only eligible to apply.
- The students studying in the 9th to 12th standard will get a scholarship amount under the scheme.
- Girl candidates who secured 50 % marks in the previous standard class are eligible to apply.
- Parents’ income should not exceed Rs. 2 Lakh from all sources.
- Only two students from the same family can avail of benefits under this national scholarship.
- There is no need to pay any application fee online or offline for Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship.
- You should submit only one application for the scholarship. Any duplicates found are canceled form benefits.
- The candidates applying for this should not enroll in any other state or central scholarship scheme.
Documents for Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship
Students need a set of documents while applying for scholarships, along with an application form. All these should be in digital format to upload to the online portal. The list mentioned below
- Aadhar Card
- The previous year marked a meme
- Income certificate in Hindi/English Language. If it is in the regional language, then make it notarized in the Hindi/English version.
- Caste certificate
- State residence proof
- School verification Form
- Bank Passbook first page
- Passport Size Photograph
Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship Application form
We can apply for the scholarship only in the online portal of the MAEF website. The process is simple and takes only a few steps to complete. Here are the details of the application process.
- Open the official website of the Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship in the browser, and you can see the home page.
- If you are a new applicant, then tap on the “Register” option on the page that will take you to the new web page.
- Go through the instructions on the screen and tap on continue with registration at the end of the screen.
- Here you can see the Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship Application form on the screen with space available for details.
- Select the Class for applying, Name, father’s name, and mother’s name and date of birth in their respective fields.
- Choose religion from the drop list and write the Address and state District of your residence.
- Now, select the state, district, and DISE code and give the school’s name and address in text fields.
- Give a valid mobile number, tap on the Send OTP button on the screen, and give the number in the space provided.
- Tap on verify OTP and then submit the application form, and you will receive a message with details.
- You should log in to the account, upload the required documents, and give the necessary details to complete the application form.
Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship Portal Login
We need to log in to the account to complete the application after the registration process. Here are the instructions that will help you
- Open the website of the Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship Portal and tap on the Login option from the options on the right side of the page.
- You can then log in page on the screen and give your Mobile Number, Date of Birth, and enter the Captcha code.
- Tap the Login button to access the account, complete the application form, and submit.
How To Renewal Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship
The scholarship has no renewal process, and you must apply fresh for every class. The students of class 9th to12th should apply for these every year by submitting their previous year’s education certificates.
Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship Application Status
You can quickly check the scholarship application status in the online portal. The instructions mentioned below will help you with this process.
- Visit the Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship website and select the status option from the menu.
- Choose the scholarship category and identification details from the drop list.
- Give the Date of birth in the field in DD/MM/YYYY format and enter the code for Captcha.
- Click on View Application Status, which will display on the screen. You can see the stage of your application from submitting to fund transfer to the account.
Begum Hazrat Mahal Contact Numbers
If you have any questions about the Begum Hazrat Mahal foundation or scholarship, you can write a message to officials from the contact us page on the website. The Email and phone numbers are available here.
- Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship helpline: 011-23583788/89
- Email address: [email protected]
- Mail Address: Maulana Azad Campus, Chelmsford Road, New Delhi-110055
What is the Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship Amount?
It provides an amount of Rs. 5000 to 9th and 10th class students and RS.6000 to 11th and 12th standard candidates.
Who can apply for Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship?
Girl students who belong to minority communities and have a family income of less than Rs. 2 lakh are eligible to apply for a national scholarship.
Does the Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship the central scholarship scheme?
It is a national scholarship where all the minority communities’ girl candidates of the country can apply for benefits.
- 1 Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship
- 1.1 Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship
- 1.2 Objectives and conditions of Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship
- 1.3 Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship Amount
- 1.4 Selections of Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship
- 1.5 Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship Last Date
- 1.6 Eligibility For Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship
- 1.7 Documents for Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship
- 1.8 Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship Application form
- 1.9 Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship Portal Login
- 1.10 How To Renewal Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship
- 1.11 Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship Application Status
- 1.12 Begum Hazrat Mahal Contact Numbers