Yoga is a obligatory and advantageous thing for the human beings to practice daily in the early mornings. Officially International Day Of Yoga is known as UN International Yoga day. This day is going to be celebrated by all the countries by doing Yoga, meditation and conducting debates, group discussions, cultural activities and many more. World Yoga Day Celebrations are braced by various global leaders and it is celebrated in more than 170 countries like USA, China, Cannada, etc.,
International Yoga Day 2016 Quotes
It is celebrated to create awareness among the people that early morning yoga leads to pleasant, calm, physical, mental and intellectual health. In order to reach the perception of Yoga, Yoga day is celebrated by UN organizations, Regional Organizations, Civil Societies, Government organizations and Non Government organizations. In 2016, Yoga day is celebrated all over the world and the highlights of this event is happiness and health. In the protocol of Yoga, few more poses are added like Yogic Sukshma Vyayam. On occasion of this event Government of India has issued Hindi and English booklets having Yoga poses. People also can download this from the site MDNIY.
International Yoga Day 2016 SMS
Common Yoga Protocol(CYP) is of 1 hour, out of which 45 minitues is Yoga and 15 minutes fot Institutional Yoga Practicers like Pranayama, Dhyana, Satsang and many more. In the event of World Yoga Day, following poses are practiced all over the world.
International Yoga Day 2016 Wishes
1.Prayer : with Namaskara Mudra and closing with Yoga Mudrasana. The duration of this is 2 minutes
2.Chaalan Kriyas: Also known as Sadilaja and Loosening practices. It covers yogic Sukshma Vyayam that means neck, shoulders, trunk and knee movements. Time
duration for this is 6 minutes
3.Yogasana: It involves Yoga Postures that is standing, sitting, prone lying and supine lying postures. It is the longest section of Yoga and it is for 18 minutes.
International Yoga Day Status
4. Kapaalabhaati: It comprises of three cycles each having 40 strokes. It is also known as frontal brain cleansing exercise. This session is done for 3 minutes.
5. Pranayama: It deals with breathing exercises and it is for 6 minutes
- Nadi Shodhana / AnulomaViloma Pranayama (5 rounds )
- Sheetali Pranayama (5 rounds )
- Bhramari Pranayama (5 rounds)
6. Meditation (or) Dhyana: It is done with a meditative posture having eyes closed and hands in Gyana Mudra. It is done for 8 minutes and this is going to be ended
with 2 minutes of Sankalpa.
7. Shaanti Paatha: In this session they chant some mantras
Newly Added Yoga Postures on International Day Of Yoga 2016
Here is the list of some postures that are newly added in the Yoga.
- Shoulder rotation
- Ardha Halasana (Half plough pose)
- Ushtrasana (Camel pose)
- Shoulder stretch
- Utthana Padasana (Raised leg pose)
- Utthana Mandukasana (Stretched frog pose)
- Sheetli Pranayama (Cooling breathing exercise)
Objectives Of Yoga Day
i. Enable the people to have good health
ii. To attain Consciousness, growth and development all over the world.
iii.To develop moral values
iv. To maintain Mental Hygiene
v. To acqire emotional stability
vi. To know natural benefits of Yoga
vii. To reduce the rate of health diseases
viii. Practicing of Yoga by every individual
ix. To reduce the stress by doing Yoga