JEE Main: National Testing Agency(NTA) is conducting the Joint Entrance Exam Main in 2023 for admissions into B.E, B.Tech, B.Plan, B.Arch, in NITs, CFTIs, and the IITs of India. The JEE main entrance exam is conducted in the month of January and April every year. Before 2019, JEE main had conducted once in a year but now it is conducting twice in a year. JEE main exam has an online exam pattern and it has 2 exam papers. Paper-1 is for the admissions in B.E/ B.Tech and Paper-2 is for B.Plan/ B.Arch. JEE main exam is held in two shifts each day. +2 pass out students is eligible to apply JEE main 2023.
JEE Main 2023
NTA has taken the responsibility to conduct the JEE main exam. It has changed some rules in JEE main exam 2023. Every year, more than 11 Lakhs of students are applying for JEE main entrance exam. Before applying JEE main exam 2023, check the new changes in JEE main entrance exam.
- JEE main exam 2023 will be conducted in the month of January and April (twice in a year).
- NTA has removed the age limitation from JEE main exam.
- Now candidates have the opportunity to book their exam slots for their entrance exam.
- Candidates who are interested in applying the JEE main paper-2, it is mandatory to have physics, mathematics and chemistry subject.
- Aadhaar card is mandatory.
- The top 224000 qualified students will be eligible for appearing JEE Advanced.
- Now diabetic candidates can take their sugar tablets, fruits, and water bottles.
JEE Main 2023 Exam Dates
The first session of JEE Main 2023 Exam is in January and the second session is in April. Candidates, who are preparing for the Exam, check the below information about the JEE Main 2023 Exam application form last date and form releasing date and result published date.
|Exam Sessions||Application Form||Examination Dates||Result|
|1st Session (January)||September 2nd week 2019||January 2nd week 2023||February 1st week 2023|
|2nd Session (April)||February 2nd week 2023||April 2nd week 2023||May 1st week 2023|
JEE 2023 Eligibility Criteria: Before applying the JEE Main exam 2023, candidates have to satisfy the eligibility criteria.
- Applicants have to complete their 10+2 exam from recognized board/university.
- Candidates who pass their exam in 2018 or 2023 are also eligible for JEE Main exam 2023.
- Diploma students can apply for JEE Main exam 2023, only for admission in IITs.
- Applicants have to pass in five mandatory subjects such as Physics, chemistry, mathematics, Biology and any other technical subject in their Intermediate.
- For admissions into IITs, CFITs, NITs, and any other institute, general students have to secure 75% mark and SC/ST students have 65% in their +2 level exam.
JEE Main 2023 Application Form
JEE Main 2023 application form will be available in the official website jeemain.nic.in from 2nd week of September 2023 and the 2nd session of application form will be released in 2nd week of February 2023. JEE Main 2023 application form will be filled only in online mode, offline forms are not valid. A student from Jammu & Kashmir, Assam, and Meghalaya shall enter their details about any of the Government identity proof at the time of applying the JEE Main 2023 application form. To apply for the JEE Main exam 2023, candidates have to follow the procedure.
How To Apply JEE Main Application Form 2023
- First, complete the Online Registration Process.
- Fill up the application form.
- Upload image of candidates and other legal documents, which are required.
- Pay the application fee by online transaction or E-challan method.
- Now take a printout of this JEE Main 2023 application form for future reference.
JEE Application Fee: JEE Main 2023 application fee is different for different category and different candidates. But the payment method is the same for all candidates. Candidates can pay the fee by net banking, debit/credit cards or through E-challan method. The fee structure is;
|Exam Paper||Applicants Category||
JEE Main 2023 exam Application Fee
|Centers in India||Outside of India|
|General , OBC candidates||Rs. 500||Rs. 250||Rs. 2000||Rs. 1000|
|SC/ST/PwD/ Transgender||Rs. 250||Rs. 250||Rs. 1000||Rs. 1000|
|Paper-1 and Paper-2||General , OBC candidates||Rs. 900||Rs. 450||Rs. 3000||Rs. 1500|
|SC/ST/PwD/ Transgender||Rs. 450||Rs. 450||Rs. 1500||Rs. 1500|
JEE Main 2023 Merit List
JEE Main 2023 will be announced their merit list according to the JEE main 2023 cut off mark. Those candidates who will be secured marks more than the cut off marks are eligible for JEE Advanced. The cut-off mark is different for different category students. Candidates can check the merit list through the official website after the result was published.
JEE 2023 Exam Pattern: Before 2019, JEE Main exam had to be conducted in online mode and offline mode. From 2019, JEE Main exam is only through online mode but the exam pattern and marking scheme are the same.
For B.E/ B.Tech Student ( Paper-1)
|Subjects||Total Questions||Total Marks|
For B.Plan/ B.Arch Student ( Paper-2)
|Subjects||Total Questions||Total Marks|
|Mathematics (part 1)||30||120|
|Aptitude (part 2)||50||200|
|Drawing (part 3)||02||40|
Candidates will appear part 3 exam from session 2 in offline.
|Duration of exam||3 hours|
|Mode of exam||Online (except part 3)|
|Language of paper||English and Hindi|
In JEE Main exam, 4 marks are given for every correct answer and 1 negative mark is there for an incorrect answer. For unanswered question, no marks are deducted.
JEE Main 2023 Exam Syllabus: All the questions of JEE main exam come from JEE Main 2023 exam syllabus. Candidates can prepare their exam through the syllabus. The syllabus is very important for qualifying the JEE Main 2023 exam.
JEE Main Contact Number, Address
For more information candidates can also contact to the JEE Main office.
- Phone number: 7042399520, 7042399521, 7042399525
- Email ID: [email protected]
- Address: Lane C-20 1A/8, Sector-62, IITK Outreach Centre, Gautam Buddh Nagar, Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India, Pincode- 201309.
Here are the complete details on how to fill and apply JEE Main. So students can check out this article to get more information on JEE Main Exam 2023. Hope the content provided helps you in applying for the examination. For other University exams check Timesalert.