Kalia Scheme is an initiative by the state government of Odisha. It aimed to help the farmers of Odisha. The scheme provides financial assistance to the farmers of the state, and it also enhances their livelihood
- 1 Kalia Yojana
- 1.1 Eligibility For Kalia Scheme 2021
- 1.2 Documents Needed To Apply Kalia Yojana Odisha
- 1.3 Kalia Yojana Online Apply
- 1.4 Kalia Yojana Beneficiary List
- 1.5 Benefits of Kalia Scheme Online
- 1.6 Odisha Reduces Kalia Assistance
- 1.7 About Kalia Yojna 2021
- 1.8 Kalia File Complaints
- 1.9 How To File A Complaint
- 1.10 Kalia Scheme Helpline Number
In the Kalia scheme, KALIA is short for Krushak Assistance for Livelihood and Income Augmentation. As the name suggests, the scheme aims to provide some financial assistance to the farmers of Odisha. Also, it seeks to enhance their livelihood. Along with improving the farmer’s life, it would accelerate the state’s agriculture.
The KALIA scheme focuses on covering almost 92% of the cultivators in Odisa. State Government has allocated a total amount of Rs 10000 crore for the scheme. Odisha State Government aims to provide financial assistance to farmer’s families by giving them Rs 4,000 every year.
The scheme has merged with the Center’s PM-KISAN yojana. The small/marginal farmers can get financial assistance of Rs 10,000 yearly. The state scheme KALIA provides them Rs 4,000 and the centre’s PM-KISAN scheme gives a financial aid of Rs 6,000. It adds up to Rs 10,000 per year. To learn more about the Kalia scheme, read further.
Eligibility For Kalia Scheme 2021
Farmers eligible according to the given eligibility grounds can apply to benefit from the KALIA scheme:
- The Kalia Yojana is open to all the small/marginal farmers of Odisha state. A marginal farmer is the one who owns the agricultural land of an area less than 2.5 acres. A small farmer is the one who holds the agricultural land of an area ranging from 2.5 acres to 5 acres. Farmers falling under any of the given criteria are eligible to apply to the scheme.
- Those farmer families who have no agricultural land are also eligible to benefit from the scheme.
- Those agricultural labourers who belong to vulnerable farming families can also benefit from the scheme. Vulnerable agricultural families can also avail of the scheme. Vulnerable agricultural families are those that include people of old age any disability or any disease. Out of these, if the farmer belongs to any of them, he can apply to avail the scheme.
- Note any government servant who is working under either state government, central government or PSU who has retired from working in any of these organizations, such a person cannot apply for the scheme.
- Those farmers who pay taxes are not eligible to avail of the scheme. Also, their spouses can not apply to the scheme.
- The farmer shall belong to the state of Odisha.
Documents Needed To Apply Kalia Yojana Odisha
To avail Kalia scheme benefits, you need the following given documents:
- Details of your bank account like the front page of the registered bank account.
- Proof of address like Aadhar Card, Voter ID card
- Documents showing proof of occupation
- Documents having farming loan information
- Proof of age
- Also, Proof of Domicile
- Proof of disability applies
- Aadhar Card
Kalia Yojana Online Apply
You can follow the given steps and avail the Kalia scheme 2022 if you meet the eligibility grounds.
- At first, visit the official website of the scheme to initiate the application process.
- At the top of the page, you will see an option that says “Apply for Inclusion”. Click on this link.
- Now, on your screen, you can see the Farmer Registration Page.
- Enter your Aadhar card number at the first step. Once you enter your Aadhar card number, click on the Show button
- Clicking on Show button opens a bunch of other blank fields like Applicant’s name, Bank account details, etc
- Fill all the details correctly and cross-check if you want. After double-checking, submit the form.
Kalia Yojana Beneficiary List
- Once you have registered yourself, you can also see the final list of beneficiaries in the scheme. For this, go to the Kalia yojana beneficiary list Page.
- After this, fill in the required details like your District, Block, Gram Panchayat.
- Once you submit these details, you will see a PDF file displaying the name of farmers who listed as a beneficiary under the scheme.
- You can also check for the Kalia yojana reject list under the scheme. Recently announced that many farmers who were ineligible to avail the scheme, have applied and availed the benefits. Now the state is asking them to voluntarily fill up a Refund form and submit the refund immediately.
- To fill the refund form, download the refund form from the Kalia Yojana scheme Odisha portal.
- After downloading the form, take out a physical print out of it. Once you have printed it out, you can fill it and submit the form at Panchayat Office.
Benefits of Kalia Scheme Online
Kalia provides the following benefits to the eligible farmers of Odisha state.
- The scheme provides financial assistance of Rs 20,000 per farmer family for five seasons. It gives Rs 4,000 per season to the families of farmers so that they could use it in the agricultural process or other investments.
- Farmers who don’t have an agricultural land would receive financial assistance of Rs 12500 per year
- Those farmers belonging to the vulnerable agricultural group can receive financial support of Rs 10,000 per year.
Odisha Reduces Kalia Assistance
Apart from giving financial aid to farmers, the government of Odisha is also giving out some assistance for Life Insurance. Here are some details:
- The government is giving life insurance cover of Rs 2 lakh to all valid savings bank account holders of the age between 18-50 years. People can avail this at the premium of Rs 330 per year. In this, for the farmers, the government would bear 50% of the share of the deposit.
- Accident cover of Rs 2 lakh also available for people belonging to the age group of 18-50 years. They can avail the insurance by paying the premium of Rs 12 per year. However, in the case of farmers, 50% of the share will be borne by the government.
- The State Government will give the Kalia Yojana beneficiary who aged between 51-70 years, the whole amount of Rs 12.
Odisha State Government is also giving a crop loan. In this, farmers can get a crop loan of up to Rs 50,000/- and the same given at 0% interest rate beginning from the Kharif season of 2019.
About Kalia Yojna 2021
The state government has also launched an information service called Kalia Barta. Interested people can call on 08061174222 and get themselves registered to know more about the scheme. By using this service, people can know all about the KALIA Yojna scheme along with the latest updates. They will receive all the information about the scheme on their phones through SMS.
Kalia File Complaints
You can file complaints if you have any. Please note that you must have the following documents:
- Photo Copy of Aadhar Card and Ration Card.
- If you are a Small / Marginal Farmer, you must show a photocopy of your land record.
- And If you are landless labour, you must produce a photocopy of the MGNREGA card.
- If you hadn’t received the instalment for a specific period, then produce a photocopy of your registered bank account pass book’s from the first page till you the time you didn’t receive the financial aid
How To File A Complaint
After collecting all the mentioned documents, follow these steps to file a complaint.
- Visit the official website of the KALIA scheme.
- Select the “Online Grievance Application Form” option.
- Click on proceed.
- After entering the relevant details, you would see a message on your screen asking you to proceed to submit the complaint.
Kalia Scheme Helpline Number
If you want some instant help or have any doubts at any step. Then you can call the Kalia helpline number 1800 572 1122 and get help from the representative.
For more details, check Timesalert.