The Kerela Public Service Commission is a body created by the Constitution of India on 1 November 1956. Its purpose is to select applicants for Civil service jobs in the Indian state of Kerela. The selection is done based on merit and the set rules of reservation.
The official website, where applicants can check their profiles is – thulasi.psc.kerela.gov.in. The main office of this body is Pattom, Thiruvananthapuram, the state capital.
What are the KPSC exams?
According to the articles – 315 to 325, these exams were made mandatory by the Constitution, to assist the State Government for recruitment, transfers, and even disciplinary actions. The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts the extremely prestigious IAS Exams every year.
Kerala PSC Registration
On visiting the PSC portal for the first time, candidates will see an option below the login, that mentions New Registration. After clicking on that option, candidates should mention the following steps for “One Time Registration”.
On getting redirected to the new registration page, the applicants have to fill in some details like
- Name with Initials in the end
- Date of birth in the format DDMMYYYY
- Father’s name
- Mother’s name
- Reservation group (as per norms)
- ID proof
- ID proof details
- Aadhar number, if it is available
- Mobile number
After filling in the above details, the applicant has to create a username and password for logging into the portal. Lastly, the identification of access code and declaration done. The applicant can click on “register”. Then the applicant has to submit his Scanned picture and signature.
Documents required for KPSC registration
The following are the necessary documents for completing the registration procedure
- Scanned Photograph
- A recent passport digital photograph
- Maximum size – 30Kb
- Dimension – 150W * 200H pixel
- Image type – JPG
- Image of Signature
The signature done on good quality paper with black or blue ink.
- Image Size – 30KB
- Dimension – 150W * 100H pixel
- Image type – JPG
- ID Proof
According to the Thulasi website, the applicant requires one of these things as proof of identity
- Aadhar card
- Account number of any nationalized bank
- Driving License
- Voter ID card
- Pan card
Steps For KPSC Thulasi Login
- The applicant should open the PSC Thulasi website on their browser.
- In the Login box, enter the Username and Password made during the one-time registration along with the access code.
- After entering the login details, click on the Login button.
How to access KPSC Login My Profile
- After logging into the PSC portal, the applicant has to update some information such as his educational qualifications, Languages, etc.
- On the right-hand side of the page, the applicant has to click on “my Profile”, an option under user details for KPSC Login.
- Before applying for a job, the following additional information needs to be updated
- Add Educational Qualifications
On the first link in red color, the applicant should add all his qualifications one by one, starting from the 10Th standard.
- Add Languages
On the second link, languages known such as the applicant’s mother tongue and such others are to be added.
- Provide Declaration
Some details have to be added like:
Experience, if any
The applicant will also have to fill in some other questions in a Yes or No format and then sign the Declaration off. For more updates check Timesalert and get full information.
Frequently asked questions On Kerala PSC Thulasi
Q Can profiles be edited, on the KPSC website?
If the applications of the user, not undergoing any process, then they can edit their profile by going under the MY Profile option on their page.
Q Is there any age limit for applying for the KPSC?
The upper age limit for applications is 35 years, generally. The PSC, however, specifies the age limits in the advertisements themselves.