India is one of the rapidly growing countries in the world. Be it the agricultural, industrial, technical, or educational sector, every sector is going through various developments. Despite the development, poverty prevails in the majority of the population in our country. Wonder how?
Administrative practices and malice practices prevailing it considered as one of the reasons the nation faces poverty in many regions today. Funds and ration allocated for the betterment of poor people diverted or consumed by retailers in between. They never reach their actual destination. It results in either late payments of people or less ration granted to people.
Our government is particularly trying to solve these problems. And so is our Kerala State government. It has introduced various schemes that ensure that corruption and its effects get reduced. And one such scheme introduced is the Sevana Pension plan. It is basically a series of plans which focuses on weaker sections of society. Let’s have a look at it.
About Sevana Pension Plan
Sevana Pension plan is an initiative by the Kerala State Government. The welfare program focuses on helping poor people with the disbursement of funds in the form of a pension. They credited with their respective pensions at regular intervals.
Note that the Sevana Pension Plan a series of schemes aimed to benefit people. The Sevana Pension plan through its schemes ensures that people financially benefiting from the schemes or funds allocated to them by the state or central government.
Apply under Sevana Pension schemes
Applying for Sevana Pension plans is really easy. Just follow these steps on how to fill Sevana Pension 2021 application form and you’re good to go.
- Interested candidates must collect the form of the respective scheme. The candidate must fill in all the details carefully as asked in the Sevana Pension application form.
- Once the form filled, the candidate must submit the application form to their local bodies like Gram Panchayat or Municipal Corporation.
- After the submission, an inquiry held within 45 days post submitting the form. Those with valid beneficiaries, their names will come upon a list after 45 days from the inquiry.
- Once the list released, if any person has a claim against the list can submit the query to the respective district collector.
- Depending upon the availability of funds, eligible pensioners who approved on the list will receive the pension from the first week of the succeeding month. The amount of pension shall depend upon the decision of the State Government of Kerala. And the decided fund will be released into the account respectively.
Schemes Under Sevana Pension Plan
As said earlier, the Sevana Pension plan a series of welfare plans aimed to aid the weaker section of the society. There are various schemes launched in the Sevana Pension plan. All the schemes along with their eligibility criteria are discussed below.
Agriculture Labour Pension
This pension scheme aims at helping those people who have previously worked as an agricultural laborer. The Agricultural Scheme was previously managed by the Labour Department. Later on, it was transferred to the local corporations like Gram Panchayat and Municipal Corporation.
- Applicant must be 60 years of age or more.
- Candidate must not be a labor of plantations
- The annual income of the family should be Rs 1,00,000 or below then it.
- Interested candidates must be a part of the Kerala Agricultural Welfare Workers Welfare fund.
- Anyone who admitted into a poor home, or habitual to begging can not benefit from the scheme.
- The candidate must have lived at least for 10 years or more in Kerala.
Indira Gandhi National Age Pension
Indira Gandhi’s national old-age pension scheme as the name suggests focuses on providing old-age people with monthly pensions every month. It monitored earlier by the Revenue Department of the Central Government.
After the revised rules, it now handled by the local state governments. If there is an old citizen who is not being looked after by his children, he too can benefit from the scheme. The scheme provides old citizens with financial help ranging from Rs 1100 to Rs 1500.
To be eligible under the National old-age pension scheme, an applicant must meet the following grounds:
- The interested candidate must have lived permanently in Kerala for 10 years or more.
- The annual family income should be Rs 1,00,000 or less than it.
- The candidate must be 60 years of age or more.
- In case a person is already a beneficiary of some other government scheme, such a person would not qualify as an eligible beneficiary of the national old-age scheme.
- A person admitted to a poor home or a habitual beggar cannot claim benefit under the scheme.
Pension for physically or mentally challenged persons
Earlier, medical officers from the health centers checked the authenticity and validity of the application and made sure that the applicant physically challenged. Currently, the same task allotted to local self-government bodies.
They were responsible for taking the application, processing, and distributing the funds. Those who are more than 40% challenged are getting a pension of Rs. 1100 and for those who are more than 80% challenged receive Rs 1300 as a pension. For more updates and information check Timesalert.
- The candidate must have resided in the state of Kerala for more than 10 years.
- The annual family income of the household should be less than Rs. 1,00,000.
- The candidate required to submit a certificate of disability.
- Those who are already benefiting from some other social welfare plan or are living in a poor home are not eligible for being a beneficiary under the scheme.
Pension for unmarried women above 50 years of age
Kerala State Government in a notification implemented a pension scheme to help unmarried women who are above 50 years of age. Under this scheme, such women who are eligible beneficiaries get a pension of Rs 1100.
- The age of the applicant must be 50 years or above it.
- The candidate must be an unmarried person.
- Annual family income shall be Rs 1,00,000 or less than it.
- The applicant must have resided in Kerala for 10 years or more.
- Those who benefit from other social welfare schemes are not eligible for getting benefits under the scheme.
- Those who admitted to a poor home or are habitual to begging can not avail of the pension.
Pension for widow
The widow pension plan aims to help the needful widows. Previously managed by the Social Welfare Department of the Central Government. After revised rules, it has now handed over to local governmental bodies. The scheme provides a pension of Rs 1100.
- Applicants must be 60 years of age or above.
- The candidate must be a widow or divorcee.
- Candidates must have lived in Kerala state for 10 years or more.
- The annual income of a family should be Rs 1,00,000 or less than it.
- The candidate should not be a remarried person.
- Anyone who is a benefit of some other governmental scheme is not an eligible beneficiary under the widow pension scheme.
Here are the schemes which come under Sevana Pension Kerala. So check all the details and fill them according to the requirement and get all the benefits.