There can be an argument about how important it is to be careful when you are driving on a road. But accidents do happen, nonetheless. Is there no way to avoid these mishaps? There certainly is. Enforcement is the only way of making the public aware of the consequences of rash driving and careless driving. Participate krogerfeedback Survey.
Drivesafelyinnassau has recently launched this Red Light Traffic Camera program where you have to pay the fine for violating their traffic laws and regulations that may lead to severe accidents.
Once you violate these laws, you have to pay a certain amount of fines to get out of the charges. This article will focus on how you can free yourself from such charges by paying your traffic ticket online correctly.
What Is Red Light Camera Program
Red Light Camera Program is the program enforced by Nassau County to prevent further violations in the traffic law. You should know that having notice of liability above your head means that you have violated the laws. But you need not be scared. There are many ways you can resolve this notice and get rid of it. However, the absence of the same does not also mean that you are free of the charges.
Why Did You Receive the Nassau Red Light Notice
There are many possible reasons why you might be receiving the notice of liability. You might be, in fact, aware of these reasons already. Check out the list below to see if you have done any of these to earn the notice. But once you receive a notice, you must make sure to attend the hearing. Otherwise, you would have to pay an additional $75 fine for each of such notices.
- Have you passed the stop line by mistake? You should be prepared to get an NOL.
- Did you enter the intersection while you were going straight? The NOL is on its way.
- If you have made a left turn after the light turned red, then you might get an NOL.
- Make sure to stop completely before taking a right turn if you want to avoid an NOL.
- Also, drivers are not allowed to make a right turn at all the intersections in Nassau County. In that case, there should be a sign stating the same.
What Does The NOL Mean
Receiving the Notice of Liability means there is an upcoming storm for you. However, if you fail to follow the guidelines properly, it might lead you to a set of consequences. These consequences might vary from person to person. For example, you might be sent to a debt collecting agency. You might also be receiving a default judgement against the registered owner of the vehicle.
How Much Do You Have to Pay
To give you a better picture, the fine for a red light violation is $50 in the state, and there is a $25 penalty for late payments, which are fixed by the state. But there is an additional public safety fee of $55 and a driver responsibility fee of $45 in Nassau. So, compared to the other states, you have to pay $100 more in Nassau once you violate the traffic rules and regulations.
How to Pay the Violation Bill on Drivesafelyinnassau
- Get hold of your traffic ticket and the payment method you wish to make use of while paying the bill. Drivesafelyinnassau accepts only credit cards and debit cards (Mastercard, Visa, and Discover)
- You have to log into the official site of Drivesafelyinnassau after you check the information. We are dropping the link below.
- Now, this site redirects you to another site called violationinfo.com.
- After the site opens on your screen, you will have to click on the “Pay Your Violation” button.
- After this, the page will prompt you to enter the notice number you got and your pin code. You can find these details in the top corner of your violation notice.
- Now, you can review the photo evidence that was brought against you.
- If you are convinced that the photo evidence is enough for the confirmation of your violation of the traffic law, you can pay your traffic violation fine using your credit or debit card.
- However, if you have any doubts regarding the violation, you can choose to opt for a hearing instead of paying the fine then and there.
- After paying the fine, you will get a confirmation number which will also act as your receipt. You can either print it or take a screenshot of the same for your future references.
We hope this article helped you relieve some of the stress. We have tried to cover everything you should know regarding the stressful situation of earning the NOL. Also, the step by step guide to how to pay the violation bill should help you survive the situation. Have a safe drive in Nassau County! For more updates and latest information check Timesalert.