EPF – Provident fund is nothing but the contribution of money every month by both the parties i.e., the employer and the employee by deducting some amount of salary at a specified rate. This is a plan for employees’ retirement purposes. When an employee retires, the employee will able to withdraw the whole amount to use it for retirement expenses.
Employee Provident Fund
The provident funds are governed by the EPFO (Employees Provident Fund Organization). At the time of employment, your employer will generate an EPF Account for you. And after this EPF Account is created, a Universal Account Number generated and provided with a member passbook. With the help of the UAN, employees can access their EPF Account Online on the official web portal of EPF.
The passbook of the member contains transaction details and contribution amounts. The soft copy of the EPF Passbook can also be downloaded from this website. The new users have to activate their UAN number on the website. After successful activation, the employee can open their account on the website with a registered password.
Accessing the website for Employee provident fund with a UAN is the most convenient way. But if the employee is unaware of their UAN, has an inactive UAN, or has lost it due to other reasons then the employee can check their EPF with the help of a missed call or SMS.
Steps to check EPF status without UAN number
- Go to the official web page of EPF
- Then click the link to know your EPF Balance.
- Choose the member balance in the heading section.
- Choose your state of residence and office of EPFO
- Type in your Name, Mobile Number, and Employee PF Account Number (important).
- Click on the submit button.
- After submitting the required information, your EPF balance will be visible on the screen.
NOTE – If you don’t have the UAN Number then you can log in to the passbook.epfindia.gov.in to find your EPF Balance.
How To Check EPF Balance with the help of SMS
- An employer can check their EPF balance using the SMS service if they do not have the UAN Number.
- Send a text message or SMS on the number 7738299899.
- You have to write “ EPFPHO UAN ENG “
- This characteristic is available in the following languages – English, Hindi, Malayalam, Kannada, Gujarati, Bengali, etc. If you want the information in Bengali then type BEN rather than ENG.
- Make sure that the phone number which you are using to send this message is registered to the UAN online portal. For more details check timesalert.
Steps To Check EPF Status with the Missed call
By giving a missed call on 011-229014016 from your registered mobile number on the UAN web portal you can also get access to your PF balance.
How to find or retrieve the EPF Universal Account Number?
- Go to the portal of unified member and click on the option saying “Know your UAN Status” from the section of important links.
- Type in your Adhaar or Pan Card number and your Member ID.
- Then Type in your Email ID, Mobile Number, name, and date of birth.
- Now Type in the captcha code and click on the option saying get authorization pin.
- Type in the pin that you have received on your mobile number in the verification box.
- Select the validate OTP option and then you will get your UAN number.
- You will receive your UAN Number by SMS on your Registered Mobile Number.
Provident fund is essential for an employee as it benefits them during retirement as a source of income. This article has covered all the important steps that you will have to do to check your EPF and to know or retrieve your EPF without a UAN.