The international mobile equipment identity (IMEI) number is a unique number to the mobile phones which is used to identify the place where it is located. We can see number by dialling in dial pad with a code. This number is used to known the location of the mobile phone using global system monitoring (GSM).
When any mobile phone is stolen then the network provider uses this number to block the phone. We can also make the device untraceable by just changing the IMEI number for the security purpose. This can be done without using any other tools or computers.
How To Change IMEI Number
To change the IMEI we need to known the number of our smart phone. This number is printed inside the battery which cannot be seen. But we can known the number by dialing *#06# on the dial pad of your android device and the number will be displayed on your screen. The IMEI number can trace our phone and locate the position of the phone.
By changing the international mobile equipment identity number no one can trace the mobile phone. This is done for the security purpose. The other reason is like changing the Android to blackberry IMEI to use the GLO BIS plan. This can be done in both root or without root.
Steps To Change IMEI Number On Android
- To change the IMEI number of your android device you need to known the number and the device ID.
- To known the number dial the code *#06#.
- And To known the device ID type *#*#8255#*#*.we can also get this by search in your phone.
- For that go to SettingsAbout phoneStatus.
- Now dial *#7465625# on android device. Click call pad it displays the CDS information.
- Click on the CDS and see for the radio information.
- If your android has the two networks then it will display the two IMEI numbers to change.
- Select the SIM you want to change the IMEI number.
- Now, you will get to see a command starting with AT+ followed by the 15 digit numbers.
- You can rewrite the 15 digit number with the IMEI number you want to place.
- Now, click on send AT command.
- The IMEI number is changed successfully.
- Now, dial *#6# to check the new IMEI number.
Changing The Device ID Without Rooting
Backup your Android device to save the data and click on reset. You will get a pop up and then click on factory data reset. Then restart your phone and your device will get new ID.
Procedure To Change IMEI Number Using Application
- For this you need to have a IMEI changer application in your device.
- Install Xposed installer application in your device which is one of the changer applications.
- Note down the existing IMEI number of your phone by dialing the code in your dialer.
- Open the application and select IMEI number changing option and restart your device.
- Now, again open your IMEI changer application it will show the existing number.
- Replace the number with the new IMEI number and click on apply.
- Now reboot your device and check the changed IMEI number.
This article explains you the procedures to change the international mobile equipment identity numbers (IMEI) for your android devices. It is a simple and easy procedure. For more othee information, just tune our web page Timesalert and receive all the updates regularly.