Indian government-operated postal system that is the Department of Posts (DoP) is a trading system of India. The DoP is also called India post and is the subsidiary of the ministry of communication. India post was formed on 1 October 1854 and is generally termed as “the post office” of India.
India Post Agent
DoP functions as an agent of the government and provides services to citizens. It provides services like old-age pension payment and MGNREGS wage disbursement. India’s post is the popular postal system of India. It provides services like posts, small savings schemes, postal life insurance, Rural Postal Life Insurance (RPLI).
India Post, the postal system of India has many employees and agents working. To benefit the agent of India post the system has introduced an official web portal https://dopagent.indiapost.gov.in. This portal helps agents to maintain data of all schemes like RD, PPF, and NSC, etc.
India Post DoP Agent Login
India post-DoP agent can now access the data from the official portal of India post. The agent has to log in to the portal by using their user name and password. These credentials are given by the DoP office to the agents. Follow the below details to log in to the portal.
- Visit the official website portal of India post
- Enter the login credentials like user name and password. Agents of MPKBY/PRSS are can get their credentials from the DoP office.
- Now select the account option and click on “agent inquiry and update screen”.
- On the next page, you will see cash, DoP cheque, and non-cheque payment option. Select any one of these options.
- The list of deposit accounts will appear on the screen. Select the number of accounts for which you want to pay.
How To Login India Post Agent Portal
- You have to select the accounts and then click and save the details.
- If you use cash mode, it is required to select the account number. Next, enter the amount you have to deposit and click on the get rebate and default.
- The screen will display the rebate and default, now enter the ASLAAS number of the customer, and select the save button.
- For Non-DoP cheque, the agent will need to enter the number of installments and cheque number. The agent is required to enter the account number for the RD installment. Next, enter the ASLAAS number and save the details.
- Now, the screen will display a message of success. Now click on the pay all modified installments in which the system will generate a reference number. The reference number is with C for cash DC for DoP cheque and NDC for a non-DoP cheque.
- Next, tap on the report, enter the reference number then clicks on the status and select success. Now click on the search button, and then tap on the “ok” button.
- You can select a pdf file or xls file to download. Once you download the pdf file take two copies and submit it at the counter.
How To Recover India post agent login password
- Visit the official website portal of India post
- The homepage of the website will appear on the screen, click on the forgot password option.
- Now enter the agent login email id and confirm.
- Next, you will get a reset link in the registered email Id sent by the system. Click on the link and follow the process to reset the password.
How to change India Post Agent password
- Visit the official website of India post
- Now the website select “My setting” on the menu.
- Now click on the basic information option and select the “change password” option.
- Next enter the current password and then create a new password. Now tap on the save button.
- Your new password will be sent successfully. Now you can log in to the portal using the new password.
Services provided by the DoP
The Department of Post (DoP) provides various services to the agents like:
- Delivering mail (post)
- Remitting money by money orders
- Accept deposits under the Small Savings Schemes
- It provides life insurance coverage in the scheme Postal Life Insurance (PLI) and Rural Postal Life Insurance (RPLI).
- It provides services of retail like bill collection, sale of forms, etc.
- Help government to discharge service for citizens like old age pension payments and MGNREGS wage disbursement. For more information check Timesalert.
Types of the agent in India post
SAS (Standard Agency System) Agents
The SAS agent has responsibilities to promote the sales of KVP, NSC, TD, MIS, and DSRGE, etc. Standardized Agency System (SAS) introduced by the Government of India in the year1960. The work of the agent is to canvass for sale of specific National saving schemes. The SAS agent provides the services to the investors at their doorsteps.
This agency system was introduced by the Indian Government in the year 1972. The main aim of the government was to provide knowledge of family budgeting to house makers. The government also aims to make understand self-employed people with the habit of thrift. This system also wanted to increase resources for financial development and defense of the country.
PPF stands for the public provident fund. This scheme introduced to rationalize small investments by offering reasonable returns. It launched by the government of India in the year 1968. The PPF agents play a great role in helping the investor regarding the scheme. As this scheme is very famous amongst the investors, the agent takes all the responsibility for deposits.
India post also termed as the Department of Post is the popular trading postal system. There are various services provided by the DoP of India. The agent of the post office of India will now receive a commission of 1% for every successful collection. These collections are made by the post office and other departments related to the DoP. The agent can now login to the website and maintain the data of the schemes.