Forests are our main resources for all the natural benefits and also play a vital role in the climatic changes of the earth. So, we need to protect them and also the sources given by forest. The International Day of Forest is celebrated on 21 March of every year with different messages and themes.
International Day Of Forests – 21 March
The day resolution is taken by the United Nations General Assembly on November 28, 2012. From then we are celebrating the day by creating the awareness and exploring the ways to protect them. The first International Day Of Forest observed on March 21, 2013. From then the day is celebrated by arranging planting camps. Also, giving a speech to tell the benefits to present, future and also problems to be faced.
International Day Of Forests – Themes And Messages
The day plays a crucial role in remembering the importance of forest on the planet and ways to protect them. These themes highlight the forest contribution to universal development.
The themes followed until now are
- In 2013 the inaugural International Day of Forests “was celebrated around the world through tree-planting and other community-level events.
- In 2014, the International Day of Forests focused on “each individual’s personal and unique connection with Forests”.
- The 2015 theme for the International Day of Forests is “Forests-Climate-Change”.
- The theme selected to mark 2016’s International Day of Forests was forests and water.
- The 2017 theme for the International Day of Forests was “Forests and Energy”.
- The International Day of Forests theme in 2018 is “Forests and Sustainable Cities”. People nowhere check for the International Yoga Day and know more about it.
The theme for this year 2021 is “Forests and Education”
This gives the message of the sustainable management of forest which provides a bundle of contributions in the area. The Key messages of this year are
- Understanding our forests and keeping them healthy is crucial for our future.
- You’re never too young to start learning about trees.
- Both modern and traditional knowledge are key to keeping forests healthy.
- Investing in forestry education can change the world for the better.
- Women and men should have equal access to forest education
International Day Of Forests Images
We have lined up the images for you to show the importance of the forest in our lives and also in the universe. Spread the same message to your family and community by sharing them. Here are the few images which will bring the change in you and others.
International Forests Day Quotes
Share these Quotes in your social media accounts to bring change and awareness. Check the quotes given below
- “The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.”-John Muir
- “I tried to discover, in the rumor of forests and waves, words that other men could not hear, and I picked up my ears to listen to the revelation of their harmony.”-Gustave Flaubert
- “If you go to a desert, you will hear this mysterious voice: Be wise, protect your forests!”-Mehmet Murat ildan
- “I find my soul in forests.”-Kedar dhepe
- “Man is who dies when all the forests are all gone.”-Anthony T.Hincks
- “Forests are like churches, hallowed places. There’s a stillness about them, a sort of reverence.”- Sabrina Elkins
International Day Of Forest National Awareness
Once there are abundant forests and resources in the world but now they are reducing because of the things we do. Forest play a major role in the climatic changes, global warming of the planet. And we have lost 1.3 billion hectors of forest and with the carbon emissions and along deforestation will increase the temperature of the earth. So, to stop all these we need to bring the National Awareness. For that, we need to celebrate a particular day for the forests to spread the importance to all. For more information keep checking Timesalert.