t Labour License Registration: Any organization that has contracted to work with 20 employees or more needs to register itself under labour license act. If the employees contracted for an intermittent or a work happening at irregular intervals, they don’t need to apply under for labour licence registration.
About Labour License
- 1 About Labour License
- 2 Shram Suvidha Portal
- 3 Documents Required For Labour License Registration Online
- 4 How To Register For Labour License
- 5 How To Login Labour Department Portal
- 6 Download Labour Licence
- 7 Labour Licence Application Form
- 8 Labour License Application Online
- 9 Printing the Registration Certificate
- 10 Conclusion
A Labour License required for an organization having more than 20 workmen at their workplace. And for those organizations that fall under the eligible criteria, they must register themselves and obtain a valid Labour License. Any contractor who contracts with more than 20 workers on any day of the month shall also need to get the License.
The licensing carried out by the authorized licensing officer as given in Section 12 of the act. Those who don’t register themselves under the Labour license registration process punished under the provisions of Section 36 of the action. Punishments include imprisonment as well as fine. To bring labour laws services to ease, Government has launched Shram Suvidha Portal. Using this portal, Employers or Contractors can apply for registration or licensing of their establishment.
Shram Suvidha Portal
Shram Suvidha Portal provides a business person with the facility to register their business entity under all kinds of labour laws and related laws with their business. Labour License Shram Suvidha portal aids people in business with all the necessary information under labour laws. By using this portal, they can also generate a unique LIN (Labor Identification Number). The businessman can also obtain a Labour License Certificate through this portal.
Documents Required For Labour License Registration Online
One needs to have the following documents in hand to register yourself under the act:
- License fee
- Copy of
- A report was indicating the status of the organization.
- Photo of allotted PF Code no.
How To Register For Labour License
Companies can register themselves either under EPF-ESI which governs Employees Provident fund or they can apply under CLRA which administers Contract Labour Regulation and Abolition Act. To obtain a license under this law, companies can follow the given steps:
New Labour License registration
A new user of the portal has to follow the below steps:
- Visit the official website.
- Click on Registration.
- Select the law under which you want to register your establishment. In our case, since we need to register for a license under CLRA, so we choose to register under CLRA.
- A new page with a login page appears.
- Click on sign up button
- After this, a new webpage appears.
- Enter the details asked on the page, Name, Email No, Contact No., CAPTCHA Code, to register yourself.
- Upon submission, this labour licence online portal generates a unique id and password for future use.
How To Login Labour Department Portal
Users who registered on the portal can follow the given steps under the law and obtain the License:
- Go to the Labour License login page.
- Enter the user ID and password to begin.
- Click on Apply For New Registration. Upon clicking a list of Acts generated. For license registration purpose, select Contract Labour (Regulation and Abolition) Act.
- On the first page, you asked to enter LIN for the establishment. By inserting LIN, you can fetch the details of the principal employer automatically. In case you don’t have LIN, you can visit the page.
- If you don’t wish to enter details through LIN, you can enter all the establishment details manually. Enter the details like name, age, gender, address of Principal Employer. If you want to finish the form right now, then you can click on Next or click on Save Draft.
- In case you have clicked on Save Draft, you can edit the application by clicking on the Edit option just before your use on the dashboard when you next visit the labour licence form portal and log in.
- Upon clicking next, a new page asking Establishment Details appears. Here also you can either Fill the details manually or retrieve through LIN.
Download Labour Licence
- Click on Next, and you asked to fill Workplace details. Enter all the details and click Next to fille Manager Details.
- Please note that you can visit any segment of the form by clicking the Previous Button. And then change any information you like to.
- After filling Manager details, follow the same procedure for Contractors details, Contract Work Details.
- After Filling in the Contract Work Details, you asked to upload the documents. Select the document type and click on the Choose file. Upload the required documents and click on Submit to finish the registration. Please note that the allowed format is only PDF.
- You can check the status of your application form by using the portal by logging in with User Id and Password.
Labour Licence Application Form
- Before signing the document, you can still edit the details of the form. Hence before signing, check all the details and verify the same.
- After submission, click on the PDF Document option beside your form in the Actions pane. It enables you to sign the Registration Form submitted by you digitally.
- A PDF format of your application opens up. Click on Digital Signature to sign the form digitally.
- Or click on E-Sign for the registration form using your Aadhar Number. For this, you need your Aadhar Card number along with the access to your phone number. The number must be linked to the Aadhar number.
- Once you click on E-Sign, an OTP sent to your registered mobile number. Enter that OTP on the pop-up screen to E-Sign the Registration Form.
Labour License Application Online
- In front of your registration form on the dashboard, in Actions pane, you see a Card Icon. Click on that to begin the payment.
- The System Generates the License fee for your Registration form. This fee is dependent upon the number of employees at your workplace.
- Click on confirm to make the payment. After this, you receive an acknowledgement of your refund.
- You can select to print acknowledgement by clicking the Print button for future purposes.
Printing the Registration Certificate
Once the associated authorities approve your form, you can download the Registration Certificate by following the given steps:
- Open the portal and click here to open the login page.
- After logging in, head to your dashboard.
- In front of the Registration Form, you can click on a Document icon to download your Registration Certificate.
- You can download the Registration Certificate from here and view it in a PDF Reader. You can also take the print out of the same.
The Government of India has made it easier for organizations to register themselves under the Labour law and obtain a license for the same. Organizations can read the guidelines mentioned above to know about how they can express themselves and get the certificate. After the approval from authorized authority, they can also download and view their Registration Certificate in PDF format. For other details, check Timesalert.