Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana Scheme: Indian Finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced 1.7 Lakh crore package for Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana. Prime Minister Of India Narendra Modi, announced Coronavirus India Lockdown till April 15th. As of now, no one hasn’t come across the term Coronavirus. Everyone knows about the virus and its rapidly increasing case numbers. The virus is capable of multiplying itself in thousands of humans in just a fraction of second.
Our Government has, to fight with the deadly spread of the virus, our prime minister announced a lockdown of 21 days on March 24. All the schools, constructions, businesses, offices, everything came to a halt.
Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana Status
Even all the services in the hospitals suspended until further orders. Only those centres who are working with the treatment of Coronavirus are functional, and they can only work on Coronaviruses cases. This move helps the citizens to prevent social interaction. It is necessary to stop the spreading of the virus.
In such a case where everything is at a halt in the nation, there is a large number of labourers who earn their wages on an everyday basis. Some doctors are risking their lives to save the infected people. There are daily workers in essential places like stores, pharmacies, vegetable shops, etc. These all are necessary commodities required for a human being. Hence the Government is working towards bringing all the essential products at the doorstep of people.
However, the workers who work on regular wages will be affected the most. Thisecause the chances are that their private masters might deduct their salary. And in such cases of emergency, poor people without any money will be the worst sufferers. To help the poor people, the Government has announced some relief to poor people and doctors through Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana.
Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana
As the name suggests, the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana works for the betterment of the poor people of our nation. The scheme was launched in 2015 by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi. Under the programme, the amount of money collected from the disclosure of black money by people used to help poor people.
According to the latest announcements by finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman, 80 crore poor people get help from this scheme. The amount collected under the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana, in addition to other funds, used to disburse the funds.
Nirmala Sitharaman announced that if any health professional who is working at hospitals amongst the treatment of Coronavirus meets some mishappening, they shall get an insurance cover of Rs 50 lakh. This cover doctors, nurses, ward boys, and other people were working at hospitals. Direct benefit transfer of funds also done to the bank accounts of the farmers.
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman made the following announcements to help those who are working under the epidemic:
- Farmers benefitted from a direct transfer of Rs 2000 per family. The transfer the amount in the first week of April.
- Doctors or people who are working for the treatment of COVID-19 affected patients should give an insurance cover of Rs 50 lakhs if they meet through some mishappening during the procedure.
- Senior citizens, Divyangs, also receive the benefit of Rs 1000 in two instalments. The fund transferred through direct benefit transfer over three months.
- Daily wage workers under MGNREGA will receive an additional amount of Rs 2000.
- As of now, 80 crore poor people are getting 5 kilos of rice and wheat. But during the emergency, they would get an additional one-kilo pulse and 5-kilo extra rice/wheat per family for three months.
- Earlier women who worked for self-help groups could receive a loan of Rs 10 lakh. But now they could get loans of Rs 20 lakhs.
- Women registered under Jan Dhan Yojana would get Rs 500 per month for three months. Under the Ujjawala scheme, families who fall under the Below Poverty Line Category will get free cylinders for three months.
Coronavirus upsurge first came into a highlight on December 31, 2019. It was when China informed the World Health Organization about the deadly spread of disease by an unknown virus. The WHO has continually looked into the newly occurred disease and has named it COVID-19. Countries like Dubai, the USA, Germany, and states of Europe were the earlier countries to face the virus.
The disease has declared an epidemic by WHO. Currently, in India, there are 600+ cases, and the Government to stop the spread of the pandemic has announced a nationwide lockdown.
The disease is a contagious one and transmitted if an infected person comes in contact with the ordinary person. Hence practising social distancing is a must. And from this, many countries have learned a lesson, i.e., to decrease the social interaction amongst people. Because it is a contagious disease, and it takes up to 10 days to show the Coronavirus symptoms of the disease after the infection.
To reduce the number of cases of Coronavirus shortly, the Government has announced a nationwide lockdown. The people who affected by the lockdown are doctors and daily wage workers. And to help them, our Government has announced.