In 2016 the Maharashtra State Government introduced the Majhii Kanya Bhagyashree scheme. It proposed to provide financial assistance to eligible girls. This financial aid could help them to enhance their studies. The dropout rate in Maharashtra is high, and to prevent this, the Government introduced the scheme.
Majhi Kanya Bhagyashree Yojana
- 1 Majhi Kanya Bhagyashree Yojana
Mazi Kanya Bhagyashree scheme is an inventive scheme by the State Government of Maharashtra. The scheme replaced the old Sukanya state scheme, which Maharashtra Government launched in 2015. It functions simultaneously while the Central Government’s Beti Bachao Beti Padhao scheme is in the run. Both schemes work for the welfare of the girl child.
The Maharashtra Bhagyashree scheme gives the state’s girls financial assistance of Rs 50,000. The state government has allocated Rs 200 crore for the same. It announced in the year 2016 and relaunched in 2019. The Government transfers the amount into the beneficiary’s account, but the fund accessed only when the girl has reached the age of majority I .e, .18 years of age.
Mazi Kanya Bhagyashree Scheme Eligibility
The applicant must meet the given eligibility to enter the Maha Kanya Bhagyashree Scheme 2022
- The applicant must be a resident of Maharashtra. The scheme is open to those families who are domicile of Maharashtra, and only permanent residents can apply to get the benefit.
- Only those families can apply in the scheme who have their annual family income less than 7.5 lakh per annum. Hence family having annual income more than that are not eligible to apply for the scheme.
- Those girls who live in child care homes are also eligible to benefit from the scheme. The beneficiary can make use of money in many of her needs.
Documents Needed For Majhi Kanya Bhagya Shree Yojana 2022
- Proof of residence in Maharashtra: The yojana is open to only those who reside in Maharashtra.
- Income Certificate: The scheme is available for families who earn less or equal to 7.5 lakhs per annum. Hence to check this, an income certificate is needed.
- Birth Certificate: Birth certificate needed for governmental records.
- Details of bank account: The payment made by the method of DBT, I.e., Direct Bank Transfer method. In this, the funds directly credited to the bank accounts instead of a cheque or other payment methods. The bank account details hence needed for the transfer of funds.
- Medical reports of parents: The scheme is open to the families having a maximum of two girls. Hence the parents must get medical treatments that would prevent the birth of the next child. Either of the parents of the girl child can opt for birth prevention treatments like vasectomy surgery. Either of the parents must produce such reports for government records.
- Bonafide certificate: Parents must submit a bonafide certificate stating that they are applying for the scheme.
How To Apply Majhi Kanya Bhagyashree Scheme Application Form
The interested applicants must apply through an offline form. There is no online submission service as of now. However, you can visit the online portal and download a registration form and submit it to the concerned authority.
- There is no official website for the scheme. However, the applicants can download the registration form by visiting the official website of the state Government of Maharstarta.
- By doing the step mentioned above, you can download a registration form to fill and submit offline.
- Download the Mazi Kanya Bhagya Sree Yojana Application form and take a print out of the form. Fill the form correctly and attach the requested documents.
- Submit the form to the respective authority. Also, get to know more other schemes of Maharashtra like Maharashtra Mahatma Jyotirao Phule Shetkari Loan Waiver Scheme and Maharashtra Swadhar Yojana.
Majhi Kanya Bhagyasri Scheme 2022 Benefits
Mazi Kanya Bhagyashree Scheme comes with the following benefits:
- The scheme provides financial assistance to economically weak families. The aid ensures that the girl’s education or health is not compromised and contribute to the girl’s development and empowerment.
- By implementing the scheme, the Maharashtra government is aiming to increase the girl child’s education ratio. Subsequently, when a girl belongs to a low-income family, the family tends to stop her studies from meeting the expenses. But with this scheme, people need not worry about the costs and can help their girl child to carry on with her academics.
- The scheme aims to the entire eligible girl child a financial aid of Rs 50,000. This fund transferred directly to the registered bank account. In the case of one girl, the amount is Rs 50,000. But in the case of two baby girls, the financial aid is set to Rs 25,000 per girl child.
Majhi Kanya Bhagyashree Yojana Beneficiary
- Though the bank amount transferred by DBT, the bank accounts opened in the name of the girl child, or the mother.
- The funds transferred by the Government of Maharstarta accessed only when the girl child turns to the age of 18 years.
- If the families want some financial aid during the early years of the age of the girl, they can withdraw only some of the amount. This amount will be the interest that accumulated on the total amount. The parents can withdraw the interest amount only when the girl child turns to be of 6 years of age or 12 years of age.
- Many of the girl children killed in the name of being a girl. The low-income family tends to stay away from extra expenses and kills them, recognizing the girl as a burden. But with the Majhi Kanya Bhagyashree Scheme, these burdens also get eliminated.
Majhi Kanya Bhagyashree yojana scheme is open to all the families who have two children, and the family is residing in Maharashtra. Out of these two children, at least one should be a girl child. If the parents opt for birth prevention methods, they could avail of the scheme. Through the scheme, the state government provides financial aid to the girl child. To know more about other schemes, check Timesalert.