The government of West Bengal has launched the “Prochesta Prokolpo Scheme” to provide a relief package of Rs. 1000 per worker and other benefits to the daily wage workers who are not earning any money during the lockdown. The Chief Minister of West Bengal, Mamata Banerjee announced the scheme on International Workers Day.
WB Prochesta Prokolpo Scheme
- 1 WB Prochesta Prokolpo Scheme
- 1.1 Important dates for Prochesta Scheme
- 1.2 West Bengal Prochesta Prokolpo Scheme Eligibility
- 1.3 Benefits Under Prochesta Prokolpo Scheme
- 1.4 Important Documents Needed For WB Prochesta Scheme
- 1.5 WB Prochesta Prokolpo Scheme Registration
- 1.6 How To Fill WB Prokolpo Application form
- 1.7 Prochesta Prokolp Payment Mode
The scheme, Sneher Porosh is for the migrant workers and “Prochesta” is for the workers of the unrecognized sector.
In the beginning, the scheme was available only through offline mode, but now the workers can fill the application form online and avail the benefits of the scheme.
Important dates for Prochesta Scheme
- Announcement Date – 24th March, 2020
- Application Start Date – 15th 2021
- Application End Date – 15th May, 2021.
West Bengal Prochesta Prokolpo Scheme Eligibility
There are a few eligibility criteria, to enjoy the benefits of the WB Prochesta Prokolpo Scheme:
- Only applicable for the resident of West Bengal
- The applicant should fall Below Poverty Line.
- The applicant must be a daily wage worker who must be the sole wage earner of the family.
- Applicant should not be the beneficiary of any other social scheme offered by the State Government.
- Single person per family is allowed for the scheme.
- There should not be any other source of income for the worker.
Benefits Under Prochesta Prokolpo Scheme
Following are the benefits primarily allowed to the beneficiaries under the scheme:
- Ration benefits
Rice will be provided at Rs. 2 per kg to the beneficiary during the time of the prevailing pandemic.
- Special Leave
The Government of West Bengal decided to give special leave to the employees working at the time of the pandemic after the situation normalizes.
- Monetary Assistance
The eligible beneficiaries are being given Rs. 1000 to run their household in this time of crisis.
- State Emergency Relief Fund
An emergency fund has been set up by the Government to help those in need at the time of suffering from coronavirus infection.
The compulsory attendance of the private workers reduced to only 5%.
Important Documents Needed For WB Prochesta Scheme
The beneficiary must keep the following documents ready to be submit while filling the application:
- A copy of the Aadhar Card
- A copy of the Daily wager Job Card
- Also, a copy of the Bank Account Passbook/ Cheque consisting of IFSC code
- A copy of the BPL Card
- A valid contact Number
- Address proof like Aadhar Card, Ration Card, and Utility Bills.
WB Prochesta Prokolpo Scheme Registration
The WB Prochesta Prokolpo Scheme Application can be filed both online and offline according to the preference of the candidate. To apply online, the following steps supposed to follow by the potential beneficiary:
- Visit the Prochesta web portal
The government of West Bengal launched an official portal that the applicant has to visit to file the application and download the mobile application. Go to the prachestawb.in portal.
- Download the Prokolpo Mobile App
In the official website, go to “Prochesta”, press the download button. Click on “Download the android app”. The app for Prochesta Prokolpo Scheme downloaded on your phone. Open the app after installation, and register yourself by entering your contact number.
How To Fill WB Prokolpo Application form
Fill in all the necessary details in the application form i.e. Applicant name, Father Name, Gender, Date of birth, Voter ID number, Rational number, Aadhar card number, District, Area, Address, Mobile number, Bank account details. After this upload your passport size photograph. After this submit the application and print it out.
To avoid illegitimate applicants, the application forms go through preliminary inquiry and verification done by the District Magistrate or the Kolkata Municipal Corporation. Then, the applications are forwarded further to the respective bank for payment to the valid beneficiaries.
Prochesta Prokolp Payment Mode
The fund i.e. Rs. 1000 transferred through DBT i.e. Direct Benefit Transfer. The nodal department sends the funds directly to the Bank account of beneficiaries without involving any intermediaries.
Keeping in mind the key demographic with the daily wage workers, the application procedure made it simple and easy to operate.
The workers have suffered the most because of the ongoing pandemic for the past year. Many workers had to move back home because of lack of work. The government is launching various schemes to help the daily wage workers. West Bengal’s Prochesta Prokolpo Scheme is one of the schemes which are a little contribution to the plight of the migrant and daily wage laborers. For more updates check Timesalert.