Balika Samridhi Yojana is an inventive scheme by the Government of India. It was launched in 1997. It aims to change the immoral attitude of society towards the girl and makes sure that the girl is strong enough to handle themselves.
Balika Samridhi Yojana
Balika Samridhi Yojana scheme encourages people to not avoid the birth of a girl child or have a grudge against girls. It directs them to be happy, whether it is a girl child or a boy child. And to encourage the birth child rate of girl and to empower girls to take a step forward, the scheme will also provide the incentive of up to Rs 1000.
This financial aid will encourage those families who are weak in financial terms to give birth to the child irrespective of the fact that if it is a girl or boy. The incentives received under this scheme will be given at a specific schedule. The last incentive awarded at the passing of 10th grade. This would ensure that the girl child is not only born, but she is also enrolled in a school and is studying.
This move increases their education and social status. You can know more about the girl child who is beneficiary under the scheme by reading further.
Balika Samridhi Yojana Scheme Eligibility
These are the eligibility grounds that a girl child must meet to be a beneficiary under Balika Samridhi Yojana:
- As per the name, the scheme is focused on enhancing the life of a girl child. Hence, to benefit under the scheme, the child must be a girl child.
- The beneficiary girl child must be a member of a family who falls under the Below Poverty Line( BPL).
- The scheme is open to the girl children of both the rural areas and urban areas.
- The concerned girl child must be born in India on or after August 15th, 1997.
Documents Needed For BSY Scheme 2021
The applicant of the beneficiary girl child must have the following documents:
- Address proof of parents or legal guardians whichever applicable.
- Birth certificate of the girl child to ensure that the girl was born in India on or after August 15th, 1997. Parents can obtain the birth certificate by visiting the concerned health functionary.
How To Fill Balika Samridhi Yojana Online Application
Follow the given guidelines to apply under the Balika Samridhi Yojana and avail the benefits:
- If you live in an urban area, then you can obtain an offline form from a Health Functionary in your area or if you live in a rural area, obtain an online form from an Anganwadi.
- Alternatively, you can also download Pradhan Mantri Balika Samridhi Yojana online form from the website
- Fill up all the asked details in the Balika Samridhi online application form.
- Submit the duly filled form from the office where you obtained the form or if you applied through an online form then visit your nearest health functionary in your area. Also, read here about the Women Empowerment Schemes.
BSY Scheme 2021 Schedule For Incentive
The incentives under Balika Samridhi Yojana given on the following basis:
|Time of Incentive||Post Birth||Class 1 to 3||4th class||5th class||Class 6th to 7th||8th class||Class 9th to 10th|
|Amount per annum||RS 500/-||300/-||RS 500/-||Rs 600||700/-||Rs 800/-||Rs 1000/-|
- In a family, only two girl children can benefit from the scheme irrespective of the number of children in the family.
- The first instalment, I.e. the post-birth one awarded to the mother of the girl child. The rest of the instalments would deposit in the beneficiary girl’s bank account.
- Please note that the bank account of the beneficiary girl child must be an interest giving account. Also, the same account opened in the name of the girl child.
- To avail the maximum benefit, it is advisable that parents of the girl child look for bank accounts like PPF or Public Provident Fund.
- The girl child can withdraw the amount only after she has crossed the age of 18 years.
- If the girl child dies before the 18 years of age, then the amount credited till the death of the girl accessed.
- To withdraw the amount on crossing the age of 18 years, the girl must produce a certificate from gram Panchayat that she is unmarried.
- If the girl gets married before 18 years of age, then she refrained from accessing the amount credited in the account. However, she can obtain the interest amount only on the post-birth incentive amount along with the post-birth incentive.
Balika Samridhi Scheme Benefits
- To make sure that the BPL families get the maximum benefit from the scheme, the withdrawal of the incentives received can be done once the girl child has turned to the age of 18.
- This makes sure that she not killed after obtaining the money.
- Also, the interest accumulated on the entire amount increases if the amount is not withdrawn from the bank account
- The scheme aims to empower the girl child and make sure that their birth rate increases. This will eventually increase the gender ratio in the country.
- The scheme awards over less amount to those registered girls who get married before 18 years of age. Hence it will make sure that the parents of the girl child don’t get her married before 18 years.
- This paves the way for their education, which means that girls could learn some skills and become financially independent.
PM Balika Samridhi Yojana is for guru children who belong to a poor family. This scheme aims to change the negative thought of the families towards girls. With its strict policy and rules, the scheme ensures that the girl children educated and not married before the age of majority. For more updates, check Timesalert.