The coronavirus pandemic has hit us with a second wave. Due to the sudden surge in coronavirus cases, the government imposed many restrictions to control the spread of the virus. Many states have declared a complete lockdown, except for essential services.
Covid-19 MH Police E-pass
Maharashtra is one of the states, worst hit by the pandemic. With this in my mind, the government has restricted movement in public spaces without a genuine reason. Local trains and buses are working but only for the essential workers.
The Maharashtra government has established a sticker system for the vehicles of essentials services. Red stickers for the vehicles carrying medical professionals like doctors, nurses, etc, and medical equipment, green stickers for vehicles carrying essential food items like vegetables, dairy, fruits, etc, yellow stickers for the rest of the essential services vehicles like government employees. The government has also restarted the E-pass system for those who want to travel inter-city or inter-state due to some emergency
Who should apply For Covid-19 MH Police E-pass
There are restrictions on inter-state and inter-district travel in Maharashtra. The Director-General of Police, Sanjay Pandey once again initiated the system of E-pass for inter-district and inter-state travel. The E-pass is not required for essential services such as doctors, nurses, police officials, government employees, food deliveries, etc.
They need to show their identity cards whenever required and they allowed to travel. People who do not fall under any of the essential categories have to apply for an e-pass to travel for an emergency such as medical emergency, death, or marriage.
How to apply For Covid-19 Maharashtra E-pass
For the application of e-pass, the applicant needs to visit the official website which issues e-pass. If the government officials approve the application, then only, the E-pass is issued. You can apply for an E-pass using the following steps:-
- Go to the link to fill application for the Covid MH E-pass
- You see two options- “Apply for new pass” and “Download Pass”. You have to click on “Apply for new pass”
- One have to select if you are visiting outside Maharashtra or not.
- Enter the details such as your district, your name, date of travel, mobile number, travel type, travel reason, vehicle type, vehicle number, your current address, e-mail ID, starting point district, destination point district, number of co-passengers, a destination address, whether you are from a containment zone and whether you are planning the same route for return.
- After entering your details, upload your photo (not more than 200 KB), combine and attach the entire relevant documents (not more than 1MB), and upload a negative RT PCR test of not more than 72 hours.
- Click on submit
- You will receive the Token ID when you submit all the details accurately.
- Now, you can check the status of your application using the Token ID.
Approval of MH Covid Police E-pass
The authority to approve E-pass rests with the District Superintendent of Police Office and Zonal Duty Commissioner Office in the city. The application of E-pass is approved and verified by them.
How to check the status of or download your Covid E-pass?
One can easily check the status of their application to see if it is approved or pending.
- To check the status of your E-pass, go to the official website
- Click on “Check status/Download Pass”
- Enter the Token ID which you received at the end of the application.
- The status if approved, you can download the E-pass from the same page.
Contents of the MH Covid 19 E-pass
The E-pass contains the details like the uploaded picture of the applicant, the details of the applicant, and the details of travel (date, origin address and destination address, vehicle number), total passengers, and the details of the travelers including their Identity numbers.
It also consists of the validity of the E-pass and a QR code that shows the validity of the E-pass. The E-pass whether hard copy or soft copy should be kept while traveling and should be shown at the required checkpoints. Misusing the E-pass beyond its validity is a punishable offense. For more updates check Timesalert.