CMEGP: The Chief Minister Self Employment Scheme was introduced by the Government of Karnataka to create self-employment opportunities in the state. Under the scheme, the state government provides loan for the rural area entrepreneurs, through which, they can start a new business.
The state government has made this scheme in consultation with District Officers of Karnataka, Khadi and Village Industries Board (KVIB) and with Joint Directors of Industries and Commerce (DIC). The CMEGP scheme is a very beneficiary scheme for all the entrepreneurs in Karnataka. Here, we discussed the CM Self Employment Scheme and its updates to the interested candidates.
CMEGP – CM Self Employment Scheme
The State Government of Karnataka has launched a scheme for the development of the rural area entrepreneurs. Through the scheme, the eligible candidate will get financial support from the state government to start their new business. The cmegp notification provides tons of benefits to the citizen of the Karnataka. Because of this scheme, the unemployment percentage is now decreasing in this state.
The people get the opportunity to start their new business through the CM Self Employment Scheme. Only the rural area people can apply for this Self Employment Scheme. It gives a chance to the unemployment people to recreate their future. Now, the Karnataka Citizen is very thankful to the state government for this CMEGP.
CM Self Employment Scheme
The Karnataka Government has launched the CM Self Employment Scheme application Form at its official website. By the help of the site, the eligible candidate can easily apply for the scheme. Through the scheme, the government offers subsidy on loans to every entrepreneur in rural areas. The subsidy is ranging from 25% to 35% on a single project costing up to Rs. 10 Lakh for each beneficiary.
The state government provides loans to every entrepreneur to do their own business under CM self-employment generation program. The candidate can start their new project by contributing. The contribution percentage is 5% for the particular category candidates and 10% for the general category. For CMEGP scheme Implementation, the Department of Commerce, Industry, and Tourism is the nodal center.
CMEGP Scheme Benefits
The state government has introduced the CMEGP for development of the citizen. When the rural area candidates hire, then the economics of the state automatically will improve. Here some objectives of this Scheme is given below:
- The scheme is creating employment opportunity in Karnataka.
- In the state, CMEGP is providing and supporting self-employment.
- The scheme is a permit for the rural youth of Karnataka.
- The state government is providing entrepreneur development training to the eligible entrepreneur through the scheme.
CMEGP Details @ cmegp.kar.nic.in
The CM Self Employment Scheme is a big scheme for the villagers. The scheme is a way/chance for them to start a new business. Through the scheme, the state government offers a loan for the eligible candidates.
|Name||CMEGP – CM Self Employment Scheme|
|Control by||State Government|
|Nodal Center||Department of Commerce, Industry, and Tourism|
|Aim||Provide loan to the rural area entrepreneurs|
|Apply||Offline and Online|
The candidate can search for the online application starting and last date through the official site. According to the notification, the online application submission start date is 4th April 2019. The entrepreneur has to submit their application before 31st March 2019, through Online. To check, the latest notification, follow the steps.
- Open the site
- Click on Notification
Instructions For CM Self Employment Scheme
The applied candidate has to look over some instructions before applying for the scheme. The rules are necessary for all the candidates who want to apply.
- The scheme is eligible for those candidates, whose project is a rural area project.
- Invest per capital
- The candidate has to contribute something for the CMEGP scheme
- The negative list and the unit must be a new one.
Government Subsidy Under CMEGP Scheme
The state government provides the subsidy on loans to the rural area candidates. The percentage of the loan depends on the category of the candidate. The working capital, once at least, touches 100% of cash credit within three years. And which is not less than 75% of the utilization of the sanctioned limit. The state government has set the lock period for three years.
|Candidate Category||Rate of the Subsidy|
|SC/ST/OBC/Women Minorities/Physically Handicapped/Ex-Serviceman||35%|
CMEGP Scheme Financial Support
For the development of the entrepreneur, who are belonging from rural areas, the government has announced a scheme called “CMEGP.” Through the plan, the government supports financially to the candidates to make them established. To every category of the candidate, the marginal money assistance, Interest subsidy, and the guarantee fee is different.
- For general category candidates, the capital cost is 15% for the project but the maximum Rs. 1 Lacs.
- For other candidates, the capital cost is 30% but for maximum Rs. 2 Lacs.
- The candidate has to give 5% interest on the capital amount for maximum seven years. And the interest amount increases maximum Rs. 25,000/- per year.
- The CGT is for a maximum of seven years.
CMEGP Karnataka Eligibility
The candidate has to satisfy all the eligibility conditions, which has set by the State Government of Karnataka. Before filling the application form, check the details about the scheme and its requirements.
- The candidate should belong to the rural area.
- Under the scheme, the project cost is a maximum of Rs 10 Lacs for any single unit.
- The capital expenditure loan will be available only for manufacturing and service activities.
- For providing the margin money to entrepreneur, the public sector banks and the regional rural banks become the financial agencies.
- The entrepreneur must be in the age group of 21 years to 35 years. For special category, the age limitation extends to 45 years.
- The candidate must be the Karnataka residence.
Documents Required for CMEGP Scheme
Check the details of the documents, which will need at the time of submission of the application form.
- Candidate’s Residence Proof
- Original Project Report
- Recent Passport size photocopy
- All educational certificate
- Any Government ID proof (voter Id/ Adhaar card/ PAN card)
- Candidate’s EDP certificate
- Applicant Rural certificate
- Permission letter from Gram Panchayat
- Caste Certificate (If necessary)
- Candidate’s Ex-serviceman Certificate (If available)
- Physically disable Certificate (if the candidate is disabled)
- Candidate’s Bank account details
Download CM Self Employment (CMEGP) Application Form
The eligible entrepreneur can apply for the scheme to start their new business. The state government helps the candidate financially by giving the loans. The candidate can apply for the CM Self Employment Scheme through offline and online also. The CMEGP application form available on the website. Here we have shared the downloading procedure for the application form.
- Go to the official website
- Click on Download
- Click on CMEGP Application Form Download
- The application form will display in a PDF format
- Download the application form and take the hardcopy of it
How To Apply for CMEGP @ cmegp.kar.nic.in
The candidate can apply for the CMEGP through offline and online. Here we will discuss both the ways for applying. You can easily check the procedure through headings.
Apply Online for CMEGP:
- Visit the cmegp official website
- Click How to Apply
- Hit on Apply Online
- Select Agency
- Put the Aadhaar Number
- Click on Proceed
- Now the application form will display below
- Fill the application form with correct details
- Click on Submit
Apply Offline for CMEGP:
- Download the CM Self Employment application form
- Fill the application form
- Attach the documents
- Submit the Application form in the concerned office
Check cmegp Application Status
The applicant can check the CM Self Employment application form status from the official website. The candidate will get an application id when he/she submit the application form. Through the application id, they can check the status. To review, the cmegp status, follow the below instructions.
- Open the CM Self Employment online portal
- Click on Status
- Now the Application status page will appear
- Enter the Application ID and the text on the below box
- Click on View
Cmegp Helpline Numbers
The candidate can submit the application form directly in the head office. Here we have given the head office address.
- CMEGP Address – Department of Industries and Commerce, South Block, #49, Khanija Bhavan, Race Course Road, Bangalore – 560001
About CM Self Employment Scheme
How can I apply for the CMEGP?
The rural entrepreneur can apply for the CMEGP scheme through offline and online mode. Both ways are available for applying in this scheme.
What is the application fee for the CM Self Employment Scheme?
The application fee is zero for the scheme. The entire eligible candidate can apply for the project without paying anything.
Can I check the notification through the website?
Yes, through the official website, you can check the notification. And also you can check the online application submission starting date and last date.
Who are the beneficiaries of the scheme?
All the rural area individual entrepreneurs are the beneficiaries of the scheme.
For more updates and information, check Timesalert.