The birth certificate is a necessary document for anyone. It helps to provide a child or an adult to prove his identity for various purposes like marriage, registering in NPR, admission in schools and more.
Date of Birth Certificate Registration
You can obtain the Date of Birth Certificate of your child via the online or offline method. If needed, you can obtain a correction form and get the correction in the birth certificate. To know more about Birth Certificate registration, read further.
Documents Needed For New Date Of Birth Certificate
Parents need the following documents to obtain the birth certificate form:
- Proof of birth if the applicant of whom the birth certificate is required.
- Birth certificate of the parents of the child
- Identity proof of parents
- If the child is born in a hospital, then you must obtain proof of a birth letter from hospital authority.
How To Apply For Date of Birth Certificate
The application for the birth certificate applied via the online or offline method. Here, we have mentioned both, and you opt to choose for anyone of them.
Offline Method: You can follow the below-given step by step guide to obtain a newborn baby date of the birth certificate through the offline method:
- If you are living in a rural area, then you must receive a Birth Certificate Registration Form from an appointed registrar like Panchayat Secretariat, Primary School Teacher, Medical officer and more. Or you can also visit the CSC centre to get a registration form.
- If you are a resident of an urban area, then you can get a DOB Certificate from your local municipal corporation.
- If your child was born in the hospital, you get the birth certificate from the medical officer.
- Obtain the Birth certificate registration form and fill it up. Submit it along with the birth letter issued from the hospital.
- Once the registrar or and police are well satisfied with the birth records, a birth certificate issued.
- Go and check with the municipal Corporation after seven days from your application. You get the birth certificate in 15 days.
- If you registered after 21 days from the birth of the child, then police verification is needed. It takes a bit of time. Hence it is advisable to apply within 21 days from the birth of the child.
Birth Certificate Application Form Online
Online Procedure: In case you want to register for the new baby date of the birth certificate through the online method, then you can follow these steps:
- Go to the official website.
- On the right side of the homepage, you see a login box. In that area search for “General Public Signup”.
- Then, fill all the details like user name, email id, place of birth of the child. Enter the image or CAPTCHA code.
- In case your username is already in use than the new show some notification, and you have to choose a new one.
- Check the blank for the Registration unit. If it shows its registered code, it means that your area is available for registration.
- After filling in all the details, hit Register Button.
- Once you click on Register, a thank you pop up seen on your screen. After this, you must check your email id for setting up a password.
- Enter your desired password and visit the portal to login.
- Once you log in, you get a form that asks you to enter the details of the name of the child, parents, and location of birth.
- Once you fill it up, submit it after 24 hours of registration.
- Now, you can download the Date Of Birth Certificate Online and take a print out of it.
- Go to the Registrar office of your region and get the form verified by the Registrar or Sub Registrar.
Date of Birth Certificate Registration Fees
The fees for registration of the birth certificate are Rs 21. However, if you are applying after 21 days, then you need to pay late fees as well. Also, check GST Registration, Labour License Registration, and Trademark Registration.
Who Can Apply For DOB Certificate?
Parents whose child has taken birth either in a hospital or the child has taken birth some other place. Like if the child took place in jail, then Jail In-charge can register for the birth certificate or if the child founded deserted at a place. Then the head of either local police station or the village can register for the birth certificate of the child.
How To Make Corrections In DOB Certificate
You can follow these steps to correct your birth certificate:
- Visit the municipal Corporation or gram Panchayat and get a Birth Certificate Correction form.
- Get an affidavit from the local office and go to the correspondent officer of the field that you want to change. Like how to change the name in the birth certificate, how to fill declaration for corrections of birth and death entries, how to change the baby name in birth certificate in India, mother name correction in the birth certificate, and more. Make this affidavit on a non-judicial stamp paper and write down the reason for the change.
- Fill the birth certificate correction form and submit it with the affidavit. This affidavit shall contain the signature of a judge.
- Once you complete this date of birth certificate correction online process, showcase an advertisement in the state official Gazette publication.
Uses of Birth Certificate
A birth certificate is important for anyone as it helps an individual to prove his identity in many places. Birth certificate online applies necessary for official purposes like when registering for Passport and in government schemes as well. It also helps the government to keep track of the development of factors like girl child ratio.
Here is the complete information regarding the Date Of Birth certificate registration, DOB Application Form, Birth certificate fee and more. So check all the content which is helpful to get a birth certificate either by online or offline. For more details, check Timesalert.