Nikshay Poshan Yojana is inventive by the Central Government. The scheme aims to help people suffering from Tuberculosis. It is a Nutritional Support Scheme for TB patients. In the past years, high death rates of TB patients have been recorded. But now, TB is not an incurable disease as the medicine to treat the deadly curse has invented long back.
Then why is the death rate high? See, only medicine can’t cure. If a patient gets the required treatment but he doesn’t get the proper nourishment his body may start rejecting the treatment. Maybe due to this rejection, the treatment consequently starts to stop showing its effect on a patient’s body. So to enhance the patient with the proper nourishment, the central Government has launched Nikshay Poshan Yojana to help the TB patients with some financial assistance.
Nikshay Poshan Yojana
In Nikshay Poshan Yojana, Central Government provides financial assistance to the patients suffering from TB. It gives Rs 500 per month to the patients registered under the scheme. Using this money, the patients can take care of themselves by using this money in nourishing themselves. With proper nourishment only, a disease can be eliminated.
Nikshay Poshan Yojana is a direct benefit transfer (DBT) scheme launched for the welfare of TB patients. The scheme was launched by The Ministry of Health & Family Welfare on April 1st, 2018. To implement Nikshay Yojana 2020 more smoothly, the Central Government has created an online Nikshay Poshan Yojana Online Portal. Using this portal, the government will create a platform for TB patient’s treatment and record their details. The government can also have a check on the payment process being done to the patients through this platform.
Eligibility To Apply Nikshay Poshan Yojana Scheme
To benefit from Nikshay Poshan Yojana, you must meet the given eligibility requirements:
- All TB patients suffering from the disease and who are undergoing treatment are eligible to receive aid from the scheme.
- All the patients who want to benefit from the scheme must get themselves registered at the online portal of the scheme. Be sure to make the registration on the official online portal.
Essential Documents Required For Nikshay Poshan Yojana
We have listed all the important documents that you will need to get yourself registered under the Nikshay Poshan Yojana:
- A certificate from the doctor: The Nikshay Poshan Yojana 2020 is open to only those patients suffering from Tuberculosis. Hence as a method of proof, you must have a certificate from the doctor stating that you are a patient of TB.
- An Application Form: You must fill a registration form and submit it to the required authority.
Registration Form & Payment Structure
Patients suffering from Tuberculosis have to get themselves enrolled under the scheme. For this, they have to go to the participating TB treatment centre hospitals under the scheme. After visiting the hospital, the applicant has to get himself registered under the scheme by producing the required documents and following the due process of the hospital.
After their names get registered with the hospital, the patient’s names will be approved by the higher authorities. Once these authorities approve the names of beneficiaries, the list of beneficiaries created and released within a few days. Then only the payment gets processed. The payment is done by the following payment system:
|Category of Patient|
(duration of treatment)
|Instalment2nd Installment||3rd Installment||4th Installment||Subsequent Installment||Exception|
|On the date of notification||2 months||6 months||N/A||N/A||For every extension of treatment, Rs 1000 for consecutive one month. If the extension is for one month then rs 500 per month|
|On the date of notification||3 months||5 months||8 months||N/A||For every extension of treatment, Rs 1000 for consecutive one month. If an extension is for one month then rs 500 per month|
|On the date of notification||2 months||4 months||6 months||At the end of every two months until the end of treatment||For every extension of treatment, Rs 1000 for consecutive one month. If an extension is for one month then rs 500 per month|
Nikshay Poshan Yojana 2020 Application Details
Those hospital centres that want to get themselves registered for taking part in the scheme to offer aid to TB patients can follow the given steps:
- The health centres that want to provide medication and help the TB patients get financial aid must get themselves registered under the scheme. The health centre whether it is private or government, both of them need to register on the online portal.
- Visit the online portal of Nikshay Yojana. And click on new registration.
- A Health Facility Registration Form will appear on the screen. Fill in all the asked details on the form and double-check to make sure that entered data is correct.
- Ince you have filled all the details and have thoroughly checked it, you can submit the form.
- After successful registration, the health centres will receive an Identification Id. They can use these Id to make changes to the registered details.
Benefits of the Nikshay Poshan Yojana Registration
Nikshay Poshan Yojana through its online portal is beneficial in many ways:
- Creates an individual platform for TB patients: This scheme creates an individual platform for TB patients and helps to record and maintain details about them.
- Financial aid: Nikshay Poshan Yojana provides financial aid of Rs 500 per month. Using this money in their nourishment, patients can enhance their treatment and make it more effective. Medicines coupled with a good diet make the treatment effective and can help cure the disease faster.
- Frequent payment: The payment is done every month. It will be given to all the suffering patients until they get completely well.
- DBT Transfer of fund: The funds directly transferred to the beneficiary’s bank account. This bank account will be the same that is linked with the applicant’s aadhar card.
For any other details, check Timesalert.