Samarth Scheme is the welfare step by the Textile Ministry of Indian Government. It offers a free skill training program for the youth and increases the employment rate. It has launched for training and development of employment in the textile sector. Samarth Scheme will benefit the low people who depend on textile for living. Textile Industry has a great history and earliest industry in India. It is the biggest employer after agriculture and has a high-value chain in the country. The scheme wants to help these people and increase their productivity. Here are the complete details of the programme.
It launched in 2017 for the textile people, and the scheme is from the central government. So, every citizen of the country can get the benefits of Samarth Scheme. The programme will fill the skill gap by offering free programs to the youth. Also, additionally, the government initiated the Special package for Garments and Made-ups that generate employment. Samarth Scheme is for three years from 2017-2020 where 10 Lakh Young Indians will train in the skill programs.
The main scheme motto is to build the youth workers in organised and traditional garment groups. Samarth Scheme will provide skill training to youth to export about 300 $billion textile within five years after the training. The central government has allocated about Rs.1300 crores to the scheme.
Samarth scheme will cover the entire textile industry except for the spinning and weaving sectors. There are offices and training institutes in every state for the convenience of people. Here we provide complete information about the scheme that will help you to apply and get benefits from the programme.
Samarth Scheme Details
|Name of Scheme||Samarth Scheme|
|Complete Name||Scheme for Capacity Building In Textile Sector (SCBTS)|
|Objective||Textile Skill Program|
|Supervised||Ministry of Textile|
|Official Website||Click Here|
|Training period||2017-2018 to 2019-2020|
Samarth Scheme Training Pattern
- The scheme will provide a high quality of training courses for the youth to improve their skills. Training sessions are taken care of by the National Skills Qualification Framework (NSQF).
- The decisions regarding the process of training and funding for the scheme is the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship.
- The committee is selected by the ministry to function as resource support agency at any time of the training process.
- This training committee has rules and responsibilities that will help the training process go smoothly.
- The Textile Industry Institutions, organisations of ministry textile or State government, implements these skilling programmes. They should have the training structure and placement tie-ups with the textile industry.
Implementation Strategy Of Samarth Scheme
The scheme follows a few guidelines which every student in training should follow. Here is a list of them
- Aadhaar enabled Biometric system for attendance, and the student should have a minimum 88 % of attendance for assessment.
- The training by certified trainers having the ToT certificate by RSA/SSCs.
- There are third-party assessment and certification assessment agencies emplaned by RSA.
- Placement linked skilling program with mandatory wage employment in the textile organisation.
- It has 70 %employment in the organised sector and the traditional sector with 50% and post-placement tracking for one year.
- Samarth Scheme has a mobile App for different stakeholders for easy monitoring and implementation.
- The scheme gives preference to marginalises social groups and 115 aspirational districts.
- A certain amount is provided for self-employment under Pradhan Mantri MUDRA Yojana for beneficiaries.
Objectives Of Samarth Scheme
The objectives of the Samarth Scheme mentioned below. Go through them, and you will get a clear idea about the scheme
- It provides placement oriented NSQF skilling Program to improve and add the effort of the industry in creating jobs in the regulated textile industry.
- The scheme covers the entire chain of textile but not the spinning and weaving process.
- To promote the skill upgrade in the traditional sector of handlooms, handicrafts, sericulture, and jute.
- The Samarth scheme targets to train about 10 Lakh persons. 9 Lakhs for organised and 1 Lakh for traditional.
Courses Offered Under the Samarth
The government provides a different course under the scheme for candidates. These different sectors have many modules that complete the course and help the youth. Here we will provide you with the list of these course sectors.
- Textiles and Handloom
- Handicrafts and Carpet
You can choose the course under these sectors of your interest and complete the course. National trainers provide all these courses.
Samarth Scheme Account Login
You can log in to the account for any information about training, assessment of the Samarth scheme. Here are the steps you need to follow to complete the Login process on the page.
- Visit the Samarth Scheme official page in the browser.
- Tap on Login option on the top right corner of the page. It will open the window for Login on screen.
- Here give your Email Address and Password in the text space assigned respectively.
- Enter the Captcha value in the space as per the image on the screen.
- Tap on Login option on the screen that gives access to your account, and you can check the details.
- If you lost your password assigned to login account of the Samarth scheme, then you can easily retrieve it back.
- Tap on Forgot Password on the Login page that will take you to the next window.
- Here give your Email Address in the page and click on Reset Password option on the page.
- You will get the steps to retrieve the password to your Email Address. Follow them to retrieve password details.
Samarth Scheme Application
- You can apply for the scheme in the online process by giving all the required details on the official page.
- You should give the name, educational qualifications and upload the required documents on the page.
- Give your email address and assign a password for the account so that you can log in back the account.
- You can also call the Samarth Helpline number for any details and also apply offline in Mandal offices.
So, the Samarth Scheme is available in both online and offline process for the citizens to apply. If you have any doubts or for more information, then you can visit the official website of the scheme.
Samarth Scheme Contact Details
If you have any issues with the official site or to known bout complete information about the scheme you can contact the officials. Here we will provide you with the address and phone number of Samarth Scheme for contact purpose.
- Samarth Scheme contact: 91-011-23061030
- Samarth Helpline Number: 1800-258-7150
- Email: [email protected]
- Address: Ministry Of Textiles, Udyog Bhawan, New Delhi-110011
For more information and regular updates, check Timesalert.