In 25th December, 2020, the Central Government transferred the seventh instalment of the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana (PM KISAN Yojana)
PM Kisan Yojana
Under the PM KISAN Yojana, the Government of India transfers up to Rs. 6000 in 3 instalments to the bank account of the all the eligible farmers of India as a minimum support income. The scheme was launched on December, 2019 with a budget of Rs. 75000 crore per annum.
The main purpose of the scheme was to protect the farmers from the unfair moneylenders who charge high amount of interest to the farmers who borrow money from them to meet their agricultural expenses like purchase of seeds, fertilizers, farming supplies and pesticides.
PM Kisan Yojana Eligibility Criteria
- Farmers owning cultivable lands
- Small and marginal farmers
- Both urban and rural farmers.
- A farmer of an Indian state
- Aged between 18 to 40 years
- Not an institutional landholder
- Must not have made a tax assessment in the latest financial year
- The farmer or his family member must not have held any constitutional post
- The farmer should not be a minister
- Must not be a present of past employee in Central PSE, State PSE, associate offices or autonomous organizations funded by the Central Government
- Should not be a retired or superannuated pensioner receiving a monthly pension of more than Rs. 10000.
- They must not be a professional Doctor, Architect, CA or Engineer.
Documentation Required To Apply For PM Kisan Yojana
The following documents are required for KISAN Yojana:
- Citizenship Certificate
- Landholding Papers
- Aadhar Card
- Bank account details
Benefits of PM KISAN Yojana
- Financial help-Monetary assistance to eligible farmers of Rs. 6000 in 3 equal instalments
- No red-tapism- The amount directly credited to the bank account of the farmers without any further paperwork.
- Debt-free farmers-Helps the farmers to become self-reliant in the long run and be free from the debt of the moneylenders
- Transparency-Everything is transparent as the names and the amount credited to the beneficiaries can be viewed very easily on the website by just following a few steps.
- Retirement plan- Under this scheme, farmers contribute Rs.55 to Rs. 200 in a pension fund till they reach the age of 60 and they will receive the pension after the age of 60.
- Low-interest loans- To protect the farmers from the greedy moneylenders, low interest loans offered to the farmers under this scheme.
- Self-dependent farmers-This amount given to the farmers for the next 5 years with sufficient time for them to stand on their own feet.
How to check PM KISAN payment status
The first installment is transferred during the months of April to July, the second installments is in between the months of August to November and the third in between the months of December to March. It is important for the farmers to keep a regular check on the status of their payment, so that they can detect the problem in case the amount is not credited in their account for any particular installment. Also, check for PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana Apply Online.
The following steps should be taken by the farmer to check the status of their payment in PM KISAN Yojana:
- Official Website
Go to the official website of PM KISAN Yojana.
- The Farmer’s Corner
Click on the farmer’s corner present in the right hand side of the homepage.
- Beneficiary Option
Choose the beneficiary option and you redirected to a new page.
- Enter the details
The registered farmer can enter either the Aadhar card number, Account number or mobile number and click on get data.
The status of the PM KISAN payment displayed on the screen.
How to check the PM KISAN balance
The balance amount credited to the account of the farmer under the PM KISAN Yojana. The following steps followed to check the balance:
- Go to the official website
Once again visit the official website of PM KISAN Yojana
- Beneficiary List
Take a look at the farmer’s section, and select the Beneficiary List tab
- Enter your details
The mandatory details i.e. the state, district, sub-district, block and village of the farmers have to be entered.
- Get Report
Click on “Get Report” button to receive the updated list of your village with respect to the PM KISAN Yojana.
- Find your Name
Under the list of the farmer’s respective village, they have to search for their name in the alphabetical list and they will find the latest detail of the amount credited to them under the scheme.
This website made simple and easy to use for the convenience of all the farmers. They can very easily visit the website and find out the recent activities happening under PM KISAN Yojana. For more updates check Timesalert.