Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana is a small savings scheme by the state government under the initiative of “Beti Bachao-Beti Padhao” of the central government. This is very helpful for both girl child and parents that reduces the burden of education and marriage. The SSY interest rate is very high than any other savings schemes. The SSY accounts are opened in post offices and special banks approved by the government. Sukanya Samriddhi Scheme will help to facilitate good education at the time of need and reduces the marriage burden expenses. You can get the details of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Application Form, eligibility and benefits details.
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
- 1 Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
The account is applicable for the girl child upto 10 years with a minimum deposit every year. The maturity of the Sukanya Samriddhi account is after 21 years of the opening date. We can also withdraw 50 % of the amount from the scheme for the educational purpose. The deposits of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Scheme should be done until 15 years of opening the account. This was started in 2015 and has gained mass acceptance from the people.
We can open the accounts in nearby post offices and SBI Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana schemes. The account should be on the name of the girl child and dashed can handle it when reaches the age of 10 years. This is mainly to promote the welfare of girl child and make parents feel less burden of raising a girl child and marriage expenses. We will provide you the complete SSY Details and also check the list of benefits in the respective section of this article.
Benefits of Sukanya Samriddhi Scheme
There are many benefits given by the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Scheme by the government which are very useful.
- There will be no tax on the amount invested or earned as the interest and amount both can be withdrawn.
- It has the highest interest rate of 8.6 % as notified by the government of India and this will be always high than other savings schemes.
- We can make the deposits in the form of Cash, Cheque, Demand Draft (DD) or online transfer.
- The account can be transferred to any other Post offices or authorized bank branches.
- Minimum amount to open account of 250 rupees and you can deposit in multiple hundreds.
- A minimum amount of 250 rupees should be deposited for every financial year in multiple times and a maximum amount of 1, 50,000 rupees.
- You need to pay fifty rupees of penalty on irregular deposit of amount per year for a minimum specified amount.
Also, read Dharani Telangana Land Records
Details Of Sukanya Yojana
Deposits can be made up to fourteen years from the date of opening the account.
- The interest amount will be credited to the account yearly till the account completes fourteen years.
- It gives the complete EEE tax benefits under the tax section 80C.
- Maturity duration of account is 21 years from the date of opening the account.
- 50% of the amount from Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana can be taken after 18 years of opening the account for education purpose with appropriate certificates.
- Premature of account can be taken under the case of depositor death or extreme cases o medical support for life-threatening diseases.
- One account can be opened under the name of one girl child and a depositor can have two girl child accounts or three under the case of twin girl and also first birth with a girl child.
- The account can be transferred to a girl child after she is 10 years old and mentally fit. However, the deposits can be made by the legal or natural guardian.
Eligibility Of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
- The account can be opened in the name of a girl child till she attains the age of 10 years.
- There is a slight relaxation for the child born on or after 2nd December 2003.
- The depositors or parents should be residents of the country.
Documents Required For Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
The parents or guardians should have these documents for opening the account under this scheme for their girl child.
- Account opening form is given in respective Bank, Post office Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana.
- Birth certificate of the girl child issued by the government.
- Identity proof of guardian or parents like Passport, Aadhaar Card or others ID issued by government.
- Address Proof of guardian like Voter ID, Aadhaar Card.
How To Apply For Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
To apply for the Sukanya Samriddhi Scheme you can read the steps below. This will give you complete details.
- You can go to the respective Bank Branches or post offices and take the application form.
- Fill the form with details like Name, Date Of Birth and Contact information.
- Now, submit the form in Bank and open the account on the name of the girl child and also the required documents along with the form in the Post Offices or Banks.
- Pay the minimum amount of 250 rupees while opening the account and get the passbook issued for the account.
- Take Pass Book at every time of deposit and this contains the details like Account Number, Name and Bank branch.
How To Check Status of Sukanya Samriddhi Scheme
We can check the status easily using the Passbooks of the accounts respectively. Go the banks or Post offices of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana and check the details and amount till date in the account.
Sukanya Samriddhi Contact Numbers
We can check the details of the account and any information about the schemes will be obtained with these contacts help desks. There are help desks in every Bank like SBI and Post Offices where the scheme is available.
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Contact Number: 011-26862526
For more details and updates check Timesalert.