Microsoft Windows, which is more popularly known as just Windows, is a group of several proprietary graphical operating system families. All these operating systems have been built by a company called Microsoft.
A few years before the World Wide Web became public. Windows 1 was released in 1995 by founder Bill Gates. Now 29 years later, the world has seen its evolution from Windows 1 to Windows 10.
Windows 10 Update
The original Windows 10 was launched in 2015 and getting regular updates from its parent company. The latest update, called Windows 10 – now being used on more than 1 billion devices worldwide.
Major updates released for Windows every 6 months; the last one was in May 2024. Microsoft is constantly encouraging people to update their PCs to Windows 10 for smooth running and to avail of all the new features. This new build is going to be the final one for Windows 10.
How to download Windows 10 October 2024 updates
All of the update options won’t be seen on all devices because Microsoft is going to roll out the updates in stages. However, as soon as it made available to the public, installing it possible.
It also recommended by Microsoft, to install the latest servicing stack update (SSU) for the users operating system, before installing the latest update. Doing so will surely mitigate any potential issues, that may arise during installing the update and applying Microsoft fixes
Windows recently posted a blog post, describing the method of installing the new version. Below we have listed a step by step method, for easy installation:
- Go to settings
- Click on Updates and security
- Click on the Windows Updates option
- Check for updates
- There should be a Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2
- Click on Download from there.
- After the download completed and the update ready for installation, the user will receive a notification from Microsoft
- Through that notification, the user can select a convenient time to install the update automatically.
Windows 10 October 2024 update
The update, 20H2 version, released the first build of the October 2024 update early in the year. For a few months now, Microsoft had been working on several security patches for it and running insider tests. Now finally after a gruesome and extensive testing period, the October 2024 update prepared for everyone.
It includes several new upgrades after the May 2024 update, including a brand new chromium-based browser called Microsoft Edge. There shall also be new upgrades in the taskbar, start menu, and notification bar among others.
We bring you a list of all the updates that come with the new version
The biggest and most awaited update has to be Microsoft’s new browser. Currently, the default browser of Windows 10 called Microsoft Edge Legacy. For other tech updates check Timesalert.
- The new updated Microsoft Edge is based on Chromium.
- This new Browser includes a special privacy feature, called ‘Tracking Prevention’ that tries to block websites so that they cannot track the user online and harm them.
- This browser has a new user interface, which completely redesigned, making it look modern and stylish with round edges – to make it familiar like the Chrome Browser.
- It also has an additional profile feature, which allows the user to create profiles or accounts to share the browser with other people.
- It is also compatible, with several Google Chrome extensions.
- One of the best features of this new browser would be the Progressive Web Apps, It helps install and use websites as native applications on Windows 10.
- Start Menu
The start menu will be getting a much more streamlined look, along with theme aware tiles instead of the previously used accent color; so now its display will depend on whether the PC is in a dark mode or the light mode. This new feature will also help the icons to stand out more.
The original Taskbar will also be seeing some refurbishments. It will be Personable so that the user can easily find what he/she is looking for. The pinned sites on the taskbar will also work better. Clicking on a particular pinned icon, it opened in a browser.
Windows 10 Update Latest Features
- Alt + Tab will show Edge Browser tabs by default
If the user is accessing several pages at once on the Microsoft Edge browser, then the user can quickly switch between the different tabs by simply using the Alt + Tab keys. Browsers like Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox might also be able to use this feature in the future.
- Access the Samsung phone’s applications on the user’s PC
Microsoft window already has a feature called, “Your Phone” app which now expanded to accommodate more select Samsung devices. The apps can run on the user’s phone, but it will also be possible to see them launch, see and interact with the user’s PC, albeit with a Windows 10 updated version.