Andhra Pradesh model school is a government-owned English medium school, run in educationally backward districts of Andhra Pradesh. APMS governed by Rashtriya Madhyamik Siksha Abhiyan under the Human Resource Development of the AP.
The state govt looks after the schools in educationally backward areas, and public-private partnership exists for the schools in areas that are not educationally backward. Most of the schools state-owned only.
The first school was set up in Thegada in kasimkota Mandal under the serving chief minister Kiran Kumar. He inaugurated the first model school, followed by its later model schools. It is based on the Kendra Vidyalaya template. The institution aims to ensure quality education to the natives of Andhra Pradesh overcoming the barriers of unequal regional growth.
Features Of APMS
- The model school focuses on the raw talent in students of rural areas.
- Most of the children in these respective areas lack many resources.
- These schools cater to the essentiality of the English language and educate its students to ace it.
- The model school not only provides academic sources but also grooms children onto many co-cultural aspects too.
- Also, the students are provided with free books, uniforms, education, library, and laboratory facilities.
- A student’s Technological capability worked upon.
- A student’s output and way of conduct molded in a way to make him a better future self.
- A midday meal is one of the features of these model schools. schools offer coaching classes too to make their students confident enough.
- An adequate amount of publicity is done through advertisements by pamphlets, and meetings with parents and self help groups.
- Once a child admitted to these institutions for grade 6, all further studies up to 2nd-year intermediate looked after by the government.
Eligibility For APMS Admissions
To get into these model schools the admission criteria for the year 2022 includes ;
- the age limit of born between 1.9.2008 – 31.8.10 for students of the oc/bc category and born between 1.9 2006 – 31.8.2010 for students belonging to Sc/St.
- the passing of grade 5 from a government institution or government recognized institution by 2018-19 and 2019-20.
- the annual income of the parent or official guardian should not be more than one lakh rupees by any source.
APMS Exam Pattern
- the questions in the exam are concerning grade 5 covering in a total of 4 sections, namely Telugu, mathematics, environmental science, and English.
- Each of the four sections comprises 25 marks each which makes a total of 100 marks.
- The duration of the examination is 2 hours.
- There is a reservation of seats too for the nongeneral category students. There is a 50% reservation of OC, 15% for SC, 6% for ST, and 29% for BC.
APMS EXAM SCENARIO FOR THE SESSION 20-21
Every year examination conducted but this year for the session 2021-21 due to current scenario COVID-19, no exams were conducted. This was informed to all using a notification released on the APMS official website.
There are in total of 164 AP model schools participating in this process. Admission is provided based on lottery and reservation. APMS Online application form for the Class 6 entrance exam was active from 06-07-2020 to 05-08-2020 at its official website for the session 2021-2021.
How To Fill APMS Application Form 2021
The procedure follows,
- Click on the available form, fill in the necessary details.
- Pay the form fees. the application fees are 100rs for the general category and 50rs for Sc/St.
- On receipt of fees, the candidate provided with a journal number with which further process of application done.
- Before submission of the online application form, the model application form has to be filled in.
- A photograph also required. During filling, the model school can opt for choice.
- Any caste certification attached to if falling in that category, by the time of counseling.
- On submission, a copy of the form taken, in which the reference number also mentioned. Which required to download the hall ticket later. For more updates check Timesalert.
- The student himself is responsible for all the mistakes he has made, so it has to fill with utmost care.
- then apply. Take print if required. The applications of the ineligible candidates get rejected.
The final list and selection have to be done and the usual online classes must commence.
This already set-up model of schooling is out of the pipeline to set an example in the country to walk in hands with globalization and teach the future generation, a way they could compete with the world.