We often forget the relevance of the Birth and Death Certificate which are very important for various administrative purposes. With the advent of technology and the internet, almost everything is applied online and you can easily approve and issue the relevant documents. Similarly, these days birth and death certificates can also be downloaded online.
E-Janma Karnataka Birth and Death Certificate
- 1 E-Janma Karnataka Birth and Death Certificate
- 1.1 About E-Janma Portal
- 1.2 Karnataka Birth Certificate
- 1.3 Purpose of Birth Certificate
- 1.4 Karnataka E-Janma Birth Certificate Application
- 1.5 How To Download E-Janma Birth Certificate Karnataka
- 1.6 Karnataka Death Certificate
- 1.7 Karnataka E-Janma Death Certificate Application
- 1.8 Details Required for Death Certificate Application in E-Janma
- 1.9 E-Janma Contact Details
Different states have different rules regarding the application and issuance of birth and death certificates. However, all the citizens need to have the relevant certificates because they have innumerable uses at various offices during their lifetime.
The Government of Karnataka has offered a provision to the citizens of the state to download the Birth and Death certificate online following a few easy steps. The citizens can simply go to the official E-Janma website and view the respective birth or death certificates. You can also apply for and check the status for the same through the website.
In this article, we discuss in detail how to apply for birth and death certificates, what are their uses, how to check their status, and how to log in to the official E-Janma Portal?
About E-Janma Portal
The E-Janma Portal was launched by the Government of Karnataka to make the process of application, checking the status, and downloading the birth and death certificate more convenient for the citizens of the state. It was launched in 2014, not only for the convenience of the citizens of Karnataka but also because it became easier for the Government of Karnataka to keep a record of birth and death in digital format of all the citizens of the state.
It administered by the Directorate of Economics and Statistics, Govt. of Karnataka. The login function of the portal is used by the operators and officials only who feed the information in the portal. The citizens basically use the E-Janma portal to avail the information such as checking the status of their application, verifying of birth and death, registration information.
Karnataka Birth Certificate
So, why is a Birth Certificate so important and why do we apply for it? A birth certificate is basically an official document that records the birth of a person. It essentially consists of the details like name of the person, date and time of birth, place of birth, and parentage.
As per the Registration of Birth Act, 1969, the citizens of Karnataka must register all births. After registration of birth, a birth certificate is issued by the Chief Registrar of Birth.
Purpose of Birth Certificate
The birth certificate was created for serving certain purposes for the citizen as well as the government. The following are the purposes of a birth certificate:-
- Identity- It serves the purpose of identification of an individual
- Age- It is used to find out the actual age of the person for official or academic purposes.
- For official documentation- Your birth certificate needed to create several other documents like your Driver’s license, passport and your voter Id card etc.
- Confirms nationality- Your birth certificate also used to find out the country you were born in, hence your nationality of birth.
Karnataka E-Janma Birth Certificate Application
Follow the steps given below to apply for a Birth Certificate:-
- Visit the office
First, you need to go to the district statistical office to apply for your birth certificate
- Application form
You have to submit a filled application form which you can download from the official website and along with the form you need to submit certain mandatory documents as per the requirement.
- Acknowledgement slip
After the submission of the application form and the necessary documents, you will be given an acknowledgment slip stating that your application has been received.
- Issue of Birth Certificate
After following the steps above, the birth certificate is issued within 2 days of your visit and you can also easily download it online.
How To Download E-Janma Birth Certificate Karnataka
Now, you can also easily download your birth certificate by simply going to the portal if you are a citizen of Karnataka. Follow the steps given below to download the required birth certificate:-
- Go to the official website
First and foremost, you are required to visit the official website of E-Janma Karnataka.
- Enter the login credentials
Now you are required to enter the login details of the user which are the username and password. After this, click on the “Birth Free copy to generate the birth certificate” tab.
- Enter required information
Now you need to fill in the needed information which is DOB, Child’s Name, Parent’s Name and finally you have to click on the “Search” tab. After this, you will find your Registration Number.
- Download the Birth Certificate
Upon clicking on your Registration Number, you will be able to download the Birth Certificate and there will also be a Print Option.
Karnataka Death Certificate
A death certificate is a legal document recording the death of an individual, usually issued by the medical practitioner. It states the time and cause of death.
Uses of Death Certificate
The death certificate is usually required for the following:-
- Insurance- It required to avail the insurance by the family of the deceased in case the deceased bought a life insurance.
- Property transfer- To transfer the property of the deceased to the next of kin or whoever the deceased named on their will.
- Pension- To provide pension to the family of the deceased in case of a government job.
Karnataka E-Janma Death Certificate Application
You need to follow the steps given below to apply for a death certificate:-
- Visit the registration office
You need to visit the relevant registration office
- Submit the form
You will have to fill out an application form to the relevant officer.
- Death in hospital
In case the death has occurred in the hospital, the applicant can get the death certificate issued by the same hospital.
- Issue of Death Certificate
After this, the death certificate issued
Details Required for Death Certificate Application in E-Janma
- Date and Time of Death
- Place of Death
- Name of the Deceased
- Age of the Deceased
- Father’s Name
- Mother’s Name
- Name of Spouse
- Address of the deceased at the time of death
- Permanent Address of Deceased
- Informants Name
- Informants Address
- Proof of Age
- Death Certificate application form
- Ration card
- Medical Certificate (if applicable)
- Address Proof of deceased
E-Janma Contact Details
In case you have any queries related to the E-Janma portal, you can contact the officials on the following:-
- Toll Free: 1800-425-6578
- Email: [email protected]
- Karnataka E-Janma Contact Number – 080-22869711, 080-22869721, 080-22869731, 080-22869751
Only during the office hours i.e., from 10 am to 5 pm). For more updates check Timesalert.