Every time you go shopping and swipe your credit card to pay bills, you get reward points. These reward points, you can later redeem them in exchange or gift vouchers, exciting merchandise, and much more. These HDFC Credit Card Points points are like perks that the users get from the bank every time they use their credit cards to make purchases.
HDFC Credit Card Points
The procedure of reward point-scoring varies according to different banks. And along with the type of bank, the type of card matters as well. But, before you decide to redeem it’s better to check the minimum required points, redemption fee, and expiry date. You can redeem your HDFC Bank’s credit card and points by post and online, follow along to know-how-
Value of the HDFC Reward Points
While talking about statement credit, the question about conversion ratio also comes forward. By taking a quick look, it seems that the conversion ratio of reward points to statement credit is identical to that of the shopping vouchers that HDFC Bank gives out. For instance, in Infinia and Diners Black, the conversion ratio is
1 Reward Point = 0.50 INR
This is a pretty decent amount of conversion ratio as this lets the users gain 1.6% to 16% of direct cash credit from HDFC Super Premium Cards.
Steps to Redeem HDFC Credit Card Points Via Post
- Download the ‘Rewards Redemption Form’
- Take the hard copy print out of it
- Fill in the required details and mail it to the help desk of rewards, HDFC Bank cards division, P.O.Box no. 8654, Thiruvanmiyur, P.O., Chennai-60041.
- You have to authorize your account to let the bank charge Rs 99 as handling charges for all goods and services.
- As per HDFC Bank Records, it will take around 10 to 15 days for the delivery of redeemed items to the mail address you have provided.
How to Redeem HDFC Credit Card Points Online at Hdfcbank.com
- Go to the official Net Banking website of HDFC Bank, and search for the ‘Credit Cards’ section and click on it.
- Under the ‘Credit Card’ section, search for the ‘Register New Card’ option and click on it.
- Then type in your Four-Digit Credit Card PIN to finish the registration procedure.
- Now search for the option saying ‘Redeem Reward Point’ and click on it.
- Choose your card and click on the option saying ‘Continue’ to progress to the online redemption portal.
- Then after this, search for the option saying ‘Redeem Reward Points’ and click on it, then choose ‘Points Range’ and ‘Item Category’ to see the catalog.
- Now you can choose items by putting them in your shopping cart.
- Then click on the option saying ‘View Shopping Cart’ and check the things you have chosen for redemption. You can change the number of items by clicking on the option stating ‘Edit’
- Read and then tick on the ‘Terms and Conditions’ option to confirm the acceptance of the same. The items that you have redeemed will be delivered to the address that you can see n the page.
- Then click on the option saying ‘Redeem’ to confirm the Redemption request and then note down the generated order number of redemption.
Keep in mind that the value of redemption should be around Rs 500, and Rs 99 will be charged as a convenience fee per redemption, just SBI does on their cards.
How To Convert HDFC Credit Card Points to Cash
Most premium and super-premium cardholders might not have this conversion option primarily, as it quickly decreases the value of point by a flat 50% or around that. But a mix of both can be considered based on your needs.
You can use fewer cards to obtain direct cash credit to a statement that allows you to spend at any place. Hence you can consider this as an option if in case any other cashback card is giving you lesser returns than this card. For more updates and information check Timesalert.
Furthermore, you can consider this as this is a great alternative. If you have points left that will expire in the upcoming 90 days. Although you won’t be able to make quick travel plans, you will be able to redeem the points on the spot.
This article includes the step by step procedure to redeem Reward points of HDFC Bank and how to convert HDFC Reward points to Cash points as well. You can use the reward points by post or n the online portal of HDFC Bank as well.