In our day to day life, we use many products for our basic needs. Many of the products contain an ISI mark which indicates the quality of the product. The ISI is short for Indian Standard Institute. It is seen on every product used by a company for business.
The ISI mark assures the user that the product buying is tested and safe to use, and the product is of good quality. Now we here providing some information on how to do ISI Registration and few more other details below.
For a business to sell its goods in India, the product must obtain an ISI certificate. An ISI registration vives a seven-digit number allotted by Bureau of Indian Standards. All the industrial products in India need to receive an ISI mark to sell to the customers.
An ISI mark on the product gives the customer assurance and surety that the product bought by him is safe to use and is of good quality. It provides the customer with a bond that every safety norms set up by the Government meant. Products like steel products, electrical products, thermometers, stoves, drinking water, etc. need to register under ISI.
It has made mandatory by the Government of India and Breau of Indian Standard that all the industrial products must have an ISI mark. It issued by the Bureau of Indian Standards or BIS.
Documents Required For ISI Registration Online Process
If you are thinking of registering your products under ISI registration, you must have the following documents:
- Aadhar card of directors
- Bank’s Statement
- Copy of Test Reports
- Calibration certificate of the tested item
- Driving License
- Electricity Bill
- Insurance policy
- Registration certificate of industry
- Receipt of property tax
- List consisting names of Manufacturing machinery
ISI Registration Process
ISI registration is compulsory for you if you want to sell a product in the Indian territory. It gives the surety that the product sold is meeting all the norms set by the Government and is safe to use. To register a product for ISI Mark, follow these steps:
- There are several codes which list the various quality of products. You have to select the quality of the product which you want the certification. You can look up the code for multiple attributes and choose the one that is relevant for your product.
- Visit the nearest BIS office to file registration for your product. Fill an application Form-V. You need to attach all the necessary documents and make your form ready. You must pay the fees as required for inspection.
- Once you submit your form, the inspection team set up by the Government will visit your factory and take a sample of your product for research. The research and inspection of the good performed at an approved BIS lab.
- Now, you need to visit the BIS office and collect the test report of the inspection. Submit the same to the BIS.
- Once you submit the test reports of the inspection, the respective officer at BIS upon satisfaction will provide you with an ISI registration online certificate. It takes around 30 days from applying to a BIS office to get an ISI mark certificate.
How To Register ISI Certificate Mark
In case you want to apply online for an ISI registration, you can follow these steps:
- Click here to land directly on the registration page.
- If you have already got registered, then click here.
- Fill in all the details of your organization on the registration page.
- On your dashboard, click on New Product Registration.
- Fill up the Form VI online. Before filling up the form, be sure to read all the instructions on the screen carefully.
- Make payment by your preferred payment method.
- Submit it by clicking on the button.
- On your registered email Id, you will receive an email consisting of an application number. Take a note of this application number.
- Within 15 days of applying online, you must submit a hard copy of your application form and the original test report accompanied by an affidavit as per the given format or this format.
How To Renewal ISI Registration Online
An ISI certificate is valid for a minimum of one year and a maximum of two years. After two years, you must submit an application form for renewal by following these steps:
- Login into your account
- Click on Submitted Application.
- Click on Request Renewal.
- Fill in all the details along with the quantity for renewal.
- In PDF format, upload a list containing names and addresses of all the distributors.
- Fill up the form IX and submit the fees.
- Applicants must submit a hard copy of the application clubbed with relevant documents within 15 days of online application. Also, read LLP Firm Registration and Private Limited Company Registration process here.
Benefits of ISI Mark
A product having an ISI mark comes with the following benefits. Hence make sure that your business has one. Here are some benefits of having an ISI certificate:
- An ISI marked product gives an assurance in a customer’s mind that the product is safe to use.
- It also makes sure that the product is of good quality. An ISI marked product generally is the best quality product because the BIS officer inspects everything about the product’s quality and then gives the ISI certificate.
- It is easy for the customers to differentiate between the quality of products.
- An ISI marked product sold anywhere in India. It means that any company can very quickly expand its business by reaching out to a larger group of people.
ISI Mark Registration Charges And Penalty
If there is any falsification or counterfeit of the ISI trademark, then the offender is liable to pay a penalty of Rs 50,000. He can also suffer imprisonment, which may extend to one year.
An ISI mark is a mark of good quality. It makes sure that the products are safe to use. ISI is short for the Indian Standards Institue. An ISI mark was necessary for any industrial product sold in the country. For more details, check Timesalert.