In May 2017, a Central Sector Scheme approved by the Cabinet. The scheme named Agro- Marine Processing and Development for Agro-Processing Clusters or SAMPADA. It was coterminous with the 14th cycle of the finance commission. It launched from 2016 to 2024. The SAMPADA has renamed the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana recently by the Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI).
Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana
The initiative of PM Kisan Sampada Yojana by the Central government is an umbrella scheme. It incorporates various schemes for the welfare of the agriculture sector and people associated with it. The various other government schemes under the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana are –
- Food Safety and Quality Assurance Infrastructure
- Integrated cold chain and Value Addition Infrastructure
- Mega Food Parks
- Creation/ Expansion of Food Processing and Preservation Capacities
- Creation of forwarding and Backward Linkages
- Infrastructure for Agro-Processing Clusters
- Human Resources and Institutions
Essential Aspects of PM Kisan Sampada Yojana
The Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana launched by the Central government comprises of numerous other schemes. The Kisan Sampada Yojana 2024 focuses on the reduction of agricultural waste, modernizes the procedure of processed food products, and supplement agriculture.
The central government expects from the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana to leverage a total investment of 31,400 crore rupees. The total cost of the Allocation of the Sampada Yojana is a whooping amount of 6,000 crore rupees.
The scheme was looking after 334 lakh MT agro-processing products. These products have a value of about 1,04,125 crore rupees. The PM Kisan Sampada Scheme believed to benefit about 20 lakh farmers of India. It generates 5,30,500 employments, both direct as well as indirect, for the people of India. The goal believed to reach within the financial year of 2024 – 2024.
Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana Registration Process
People who are interested in the PM Kisan Sampada Yojana have to register themselves to become a beneficiary under the scheme. Only after registration, they get the benefits. The registration process for Sampada Yojana is quite easy. The applicant only has to follow some simple steps to register themselves. For the registration process, the applicant has to provide some of their personal information. This information is crucial because the applicant contacted through this information only. Therefore, the information should be authentic.
To get registered under the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana, the applicant has to follow specific steps. They are
- Visit the official website of the Ministry of Food Processing Industries. The homepage displayed on the screen.
- On the homepage, the applicant has to click on the schemes option. A list of various schemes under the Ministry of Food Processing Industries displayed.
- Out of the list, the applicant has to choose the PM Kisan Sampada Yojana Scheme.
- Then click on the registration option.
- The registration page opens on the screen.
- Then the applicant has to provide their personal information on that page. The applicant has to fill in their name, address, state, district, pin code, etc.
- Once all the fields get filled, the registration gets completed.
After registration, the applicant directly forwarded for further procedures if necessary. Within a short period, the applicant starts receiving the surplus under the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana.
PM Kisan Sampada Yojana Benefits
The Kisan Sampada Yojana majorly focuses on the betterment of the farmers of India. As we know, many farmers commit suicide if they fail to repay their debt. The biggest reason for the problem is crop failure. The damage to crops is the main reason farmers commit suicide. This damage to the crops caused due to climatic factors, pests, insects, improper nutrition, etc.
Farming is the only source of income for the farmers, and in such conditions, if the crop gets destroyed, they do not have any other means to provide a one-time meal to their families. Hence, they opt for killing themselves. With every passing year, the number of farmer’s death is increasing. Therefore to provide financial aid to all the vulnerable farmers, the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana initiated. Also, people can get other benefits from these schemes like PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana, PMJAY Ayushman Bharat Yojana, and Kusum Yojana.
Schemes Under Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana
The schemes implemented under the PM Kisan Sampada Yojana mentioned below
- Human Resource Institutions: It further divided into four sub-schemes.
- Research and Development – the research and development related work in the food processing sector, including value addition, product and process development, improved packaging and efficient technologies, etc., are financially assisted under this scheme. The financial aid provided by the Ministry of food processing industries.
- Skill development – Under this scheme, there is the provision of skilled workers for specific services. Like from the ground staff to the supervisor for quality control, all come under the skill development scheme. Also, the scheme works to achieve the guidelines of the National Skill Development Corporation for skilled human resources.
- Strengthening of institutions – the institutions covered under this scheme are – National Institute of Food Technology, Entrepreneurship and Management (NIFTEM) and the Indian Institute of Food processing technology (IIFT)
- Promotional activities – This scheme focuses on promoting the food processing sector by organizing, co-sponsoring, and participating in national-level programs. These can include fairs, seminars, exhibitions, workshops, etc. It also involves conduction surveys and studies to analyze the various aspects of the food processing sector. Through promotional activities, awareness about various government initiated schemes for the welfare of the food processing sector is also discussed.
PM Kisan Sampada Schemes 2024
- Mega food parks: This scheme deals with providing a mechanism for creating a link between retailers, farmers, and processors. It ultimately maximizes value addition and reduces wastage. In turn, it increases employment opportunities for people in rural areas and also the income of the farmers.
- Creation of backward and forward linkages: As the name suggests, this scheme will provide efficient and effective backward as well as forward integration to all the industries of the food processing sector by providing raw materials and links with the market. Financial assistance also offered under this scheme.
- Integrated cold chain & value addition infrastructure: The scheme provides preservation facilities as well as an integrated cold chain without any interruption. This scheme provides an efficient infrastructure in the entire chain of supply.
- Infrastructure for Agro-processing clusters: This scheme focuses on the development of modern infrastructure and some general facilities. It encourages entrepreneurs to adopt the cluster approach and set up food processing units. The cluster approach includes establishing a link between the group of farmers or producers to the markets and processors through the efficient and well-equipped supply chain and modern infrastructure.
Food safety and quality assurance infrastructure:
Total quality management, which includes quality control, quality assurance, and quality system, is an essential factor in maintaining the products of food processing industries. The food products produced in these industries must strictly follow the standards of quality.
- Creation or expansion of food processing/ preserving units: This scheme deals with the establishment of preservation and processing units. The development of the processing and preserving capacities is necessary as this will eventually increase the value addition and also the level of processing. Which, in turn, reduces the number of waste products.
For further detailed information regarding these schemes, the applicant can visit the official website of Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana and read the guidelines.
Advantages of PMKSY 2024
- The Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana help in creating a modern infrastructure. This advanced infrastructure was able to provide efficient management of the supply chain from farms to stores.
- The scheme helps in boosting the growth of the food processing sectors of India.
- Under the scheme, the farmers have the most benefits. They get double their income with the help of the Kisan Sampada scheme.
- Employment opportunities also increase. The PM Kisan Sampada Yojana provides new employment opportunities to the people. Especially the people living in rural areas get employment under the Sampada Yojana Scheme 2024.
- Also, the focus of the Yojana will be on the reduction of agricultural produce wastage. It increases the level of processing as well as it makes agricultural products cheaper.
- Under the PMKSY, the processed food is conventional and safe, provided at cheaper rates to the public. While the export of processed food also increased.
All in all, the step was taken by the Central government is beneficial for the farmers and the country. The scheme opens doors to new opportunities and achievements. The agricultural sector progress, and no farmer have to get suppressed by the stress of crop failure. They get a modernized solution to their problems. Also, they gain financial stability.
The agriculture sector holds an essential position in the country. It provides food to the population of our country. With keeping the significance of agricultural produce in mind, the Central government introduced the PM Kisan Sampada Yojana. This scheme focuses on the welfare of the farming sector and farmers of India.
The Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Scheme comprises of several other schemes. Together all these schemes ensure the efficient management of the chain of supply. It upgrades the level of processing and makes sure that the agricultural wastage gets reduced. Along with these benefits, the farmers get financial benefits as well as employment opportunities increase. Most significantly, the people living in rural areas get benefited by having employment with the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana 2024. Check more for Timesalert.
- 1 Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana
- 1.1 Essential Aspects of PM Kisan Sampada Yojana
- 1.2 Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana Registration Process
- 1.3 PM Kisan Sampada Yojana Benefits
- 1.5 Schemes Under Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana
- 1.6 PM Kisan Sampada Schemes 2024
- 1.7 Food safety and quality assurance infrastructure:
- 1.8 Advantages of PMKSY 2024
- 1.9 Conclusion